By Daily Sports on July 28, 2019
Edo State Governor, Mr Godwin Obaseki, has said that the state is ready to host the world as the international football governing body, FIFA, commences tour of facilities in Nigeria’s bid to host the 2020 Under-20 female soccer fiesta.
According to Obaseki, “We are delighted at the endorsements of our facilities by the visiting FIFA delegation led by FIFA Consultant, Mainasarawa Illo.
“Edo State is the heartbeat of Nigeria, we made our mark in sports several decades ago and we are setting the stage to bring back those glorious years of leading in all sporting activities, with our huge investment in the sector.”
He noted that, “Edo is clearly the safest state in the South-south region, our people are very cosmopolitan with a rich and colourful culture.
“We have a functional airport, some of the best hotels in the country, reliable transport infrastructure that has Taxify and Uber leading the pack. So we have everything that will give our guests a memorable experience.”
The governor added that the remodelling work on Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium will soon be completed while work on other sporting facilities is progressing.
Recall that FIFA, earlier in the week, scored Edo State high in its preparations towards hosting the Under 20 World Cup tournament in the state capital, Benin City, in the event that Nigeria wins the hosting right.
FIFA Consultant, Mainasarawa Illo accompanied by Amaju Pinnick of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) during a tour of facilities said that the Samuel Ogbemudia Stadium in Benin City is one of the venues proposed for use by FIFA.
Illo explained that “there was need to know before time, exactly what’s on ground, see the progress of work, so as to know if adequate preparations have been made to accommodate all the required facilities.”
After the inspection, he declared that the facilities on ground were “absolutely breath-taking. It is scenic, picturesque, functional, strong and very promising.” (Vanguard)
•Photo shows Edo State Governor Godwin Obaseki
Source Daily Sports
Posted July 28, 2019
You may also like...
Wenger Rejects Premier League Offers; Gives Reason
I Wasn’t Happy That Courtois Was Made No....
Tiger Woods hopeful of a return to PGA...
Nigerians tease Black Stars over AFCON arrival attire...
BREAKING NEWS: Zinedine Zidane in shock exit as...
Oshoala Scores Again For Barcelona

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,632 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)