ATP Finals Moving From London to Turin from 2021 to 2025

By Daily Sports on April 25, 2019

The ATP Finals will move from London to Turin after the Italian city was named as host of the event from 2021 to 2025.

Manchester, Singapore and Tokyo were also on a five-city shortlist to stage the season-ending tournament.

It has been held at London’s O2 Arena since 2009 but will move to the Pala Alpitour stadium.

“We believe that Turin has all the ingredients to take the event to new heights,” said the ATP’s executive chairman Chris Kermode.

The ATP Finals feature the world’s best eight singles players and doubles teams of the season and will boast a record prize fund of $14.5m (£11.2m) in 2021.

Turin will be the 15th city to host the event, and first in Italy, since it was first staged in 1970.

A cumulative total of more than 2.5 million spectators have watched the ATP Finals at the O2 Arena, which will host the event in 2019 and 2020.

The Pala Alpitour stadium, which was opened in 2005, has a capacity of around 15,000 and is Italy's largest indoor sporting arena.

World number one Novak Djokovic, who lost to Alexander Zverev in last year’s final, said: “The ATP Finals is the biggest and most prestigious event that we have at the ATP.

“It’s a tournament that has historically moved around and so I’m very excited to see it move to Turin from 2021.”

Italy also hosts the Next Gen ATP Finals, with Milan staging the first five editions of the tournament for 21-and-under players from 2017 to 2021. (BBC)

•Photo shows Djokovic with ATP trophy 

Source Daily Sports

Posted April 25, 2019


 

You may also like...
Messi To Miss Final Game Of 2020

Manchester United cruise into Europa League last 16...

Real Madrid To Make Opening Bid For Mbappe...

Lyon Go Top In Ligue 1 With Win...

Maradona backs Infantino’s proposal to expand World Cup...

Chukwueze reaches milestone 150 games for Villarreal

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,312 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,481 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,469 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,068 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,050 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,049 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,865 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,413 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,523 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,127 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,564 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,986 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media