By Daily Sports on March 19, 2019
Chelsea winger Callum Hudson-Odoi – who is yet to start a Premier League game – says he is “shocked” to have received his first England call-up.
The 18-year-old was brought into the England squad on Monday for the upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Montenegro.
He has played 19 games for Chelsea this season, scoring five times, but is yet to start a Premier League match.
“It’s been a crazy experience but I’m delighted,” Hudson-Odoi said.
He was with England’s Under-21 squad, having received his first call-up at that level last week, when he was told he was being promoted to the senior squad by U21 manager Aidy Boothroyd.
“I thought the manager was joking,” he added.
“I was shocked and then when I heard that I actually had to go over, I couldn’t believe it.
“I was delighted. It’s a dream come true. Now I’ve got to work hard, enjoy every moment and keep working to just hopefully make an impact when I get the opportunity.”
Hudson-Odoi was called up after full-back Luke Shaw joined John Stones, Fabian Delph and Ruben Loftus-Cheek in withdrawing from the squad.
Earlier on Monday, Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse was added to the squad as a replacement.
England host the Czechs at Wembley on Friday, 22 March and are away in Montenegro on Monday, 25 March. (BBC)
•Photo shows Calum Hudson-Odoi
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 19, 2019
You may also like...
Saka puts Rivers Utd to the sword, fetches...
Mikel Hungry for More Trophies
Haaland Returns To Dortmund Squad After Knee Injury...
Arsenal not afraid to spend – Wenger
My numbers don’t lie, says Ronaldo
Why Alexis Sanchez Is Not Playing — Conte...

No Kangaroo Committee Can Save Gusau, his NFF Jesters - Give Us Emenalo
Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier
Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground
Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown
Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,392 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,283 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,884 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,637 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,535 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,587 views)