200 professional golfers storm Jos for 2018 Governor’s Cup

By Daily Sports on December 5, 2018

No fewer than 200 professional golfers have stormed Jos, the capital of Plateau State, for the 2018 Governor’s Cup.

Mr Tang Dapoet, the Captain of Lamingo Golf Glub, said this at the opening of the tournament in Jos on Tuesday.

According to him, participants are drawn from all over the country and beyond.

200 professional golfers in Jos for 2018 Governor’s Cup

“In the last year’s edition, we had 96 professional golfers that participated, but in this year’s tournament, over 200 from all over the country and beyond are participating,” he said.

Dapoet said Gov. Simon Lalong had made significant strides in promoting golf in the country, hence the rationale behind the tournament.

Declaring the competition open, Gov. Lalong said the tournament had since its inception in 2016 shown that Plateau was peaceful.

“When we started this competition in 2016, people forget there is crisis in the state and this goes to show that Plateau is peaceful,” he said.

The governor said that Plateau would soon become the home of golf in Nigeria, adding that the serene weather had placed the state in a vantage position

Lalong disabused the minds of Nigerians that golf is a game for the elite, saying that it is not reserved for the rich.

“Golf is not a game for the elite; anybody can be participate because it helps you keep fit and healthy,” Lalong said. (NAN)

•Photo shows Nigeria golfers 

Source Daily Sports

Posted December 5, 2018


 

You may also like...
Chelsea Won't Sell Giroud Without Replacement — Morris...

Amokachi: Why Ighalo Is Not Starting Ahead Of...

Liverpool’s Thiago, Keita And Matip Set To Miss...

Trabzonspor File Criminal Complaint After Obi Mikel Attacks...

Man Utd Lose Ground With Draw At Arsenal...

Afcon Update: Nigeria Winger Samuel Kalu ‘Stabilised’ After...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,319 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,489 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,473 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,074 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,058 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,056 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,873 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,419 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,530 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,133 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,571 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,993 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media