Ronaldo rape documents fabricated — Lawyer

By Daily Sports on October 11, 2018

Documents concerning rape allegations made against Cristiano Ronaldo have been “completely fabricated”, according to the player’s lawyer.

Ronaldo, 33, denies assaulting Kathryn Mayorga at a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

Mayorga says she was attacked by the Portuguese footballer in a hotel room in the US city that year.

A statement from Ronaldo's lawyer Peter Christiansen reiterated the Juventus forward “vehemently denies all accusations in this civil action”.

Ronaldo previously dismissed the claim, first reported in Germany’s Der Spiegel, as “fake news” and his representatives said he would take legal action against the weekly magazine.

Christiansen said a “media outlet irresponsibly” based its reports on “stolen and easily manipulated digital documents” of which “significant parts were altered and/or completely fabricated”.

Der Spiegel said Mayorga, 34, filed a report with Las Vegas police shortly after the alleged incident.

In 2010, she reportedly reached an out-of-court settlement with Ronaldo involving a $375,000 (£288,000) payment for agreeing never to go public with the allegations.

Christiansen says in a statement his client’s position continues to be that “what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual”.

The lawyer says Ronaldo does not deny that he agreed to enter into an agreement, but “the reasons that led him to do so are at least to be distorted”.

The statement added: “This agreement is by no means a confession of guilt.

“What happened was simply that Cristiano Ronaldo merely followed the advice of his advisors in order to put an end to the outrageous accusations made against him, in order precisely to avoid attempts, such as those we are now witnessing, to destroy a reputation built thanks to hard work, athletic ability and behavioural correction.

“Unfortunately, it is now involved in the type of litigation that is very common in the United States.”

Christiansen added: “Although Cristiano Ronaldo is accustomed to media attention, inherent in the fact that he is a famous person, it is absolutely deplorable that the media continue to propagate and stimulate an intentional defamation campaign based on stolen and easily manipulated digital documents.

“Cristiano Ronaldo has mandated his lawyers in the United States and Europe to deal with all legal aspects and expresses full confidence that the truth will prevail, despite the corruption of counter-information, and in which the laws of Nevada will be enforced and respected.”

The statement also claims documents allegedly containing statements by Ronaldo are “pure inventions”.

He added: “So that there are no doubts: Cristiano Ronaldo vehemently denies all the accusations in this civil action, in consistency with what he has done in the last nine years.

“The documents that allegedly contain statements by Mr Ronaldo and were reproduced in the media are pure inventions.

“By 2015, dozens of entities (including law firms) in different parts of Europe were attacked and their electronic data stolen by a cyber criminal.

“This hacker tried to sell such information, and a media outlet irresponsibly ended up publishing some of the stolen documents, significant parts of which were altered and/or completely fabricated.

“Once again, for the avoidance of doubt, Cristiano Ronaldo’s position has always been, and continues to be, that what happened in 2009 in Las Vegas was completely consensual.”

•Sourced from a BBC report. Photo shows Cristiano Ronaldo

Source Daily Sports

Posted October 11, 2018


 

You may also like...
Archer feels 'cheated' despite silver medal upgrade

Supporters Club departs for Rio on Wednesday —Okumagba...

Nigerian athletes Francis, Egbeniyi shine in USA

Roger Federer closes in on number one spot...

Cristiano Ronaldo Wins Player Of Century Award

Marseille Lose More Valuable Points

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,317 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,487 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,471 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,072 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,056 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,053 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,869 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,417 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,528 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,131 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,568 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,991 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media