By Daily Sports on July 10, 2018
Real Madrid on Tuesday announced the transfer of Cristiano Ronaldo to Italy’s Juventus, with the Portuguese superstar saying the time had come “for a new stage” in his life.
“Today Real Madrid wants to give thanks to a player who has demonstrated he is the best in the world and who marked one of the most brilliant periods in the history of our club and world football,” the club said in a statement.
It did not give any details as to the amount of the transfer but Spanish media reports have said it could reach 105 million euros ($120 million), with the 33-year-old signing a four-year contract worth 30 million euros per season.
In a letter posted on Real Madrid’s website, the multiple Ballon d’Or winner said his time in Madrid had been one of the happiest in his life.
“I only have feelings of huge thanks for this club, for the fans and for this city,” he said.
“But I think the time has come to open a new stage in my life and that’s why I asked the club to accept to transfer me.
“I ask everyone, and especially our supporters, to please understand me.”
Ronaldo, whose Portugal were knocked out of the World Cup last 16 by Uruguay, hinted after May’s Champions League victory against Liverpool that he was considering leaving the Santiago Bernabeu.
“It was very nice to be in Madrid,” he said at the time, using the past-tense. He later played down the statement, but doubts over his future at Madrid lingered.
Real Madrid has won the La Liga twice and the Champions League four times since Ronaldo moved there from Manchester United in 2009. (AFP)
•Photo shows Cristiano Ronaldo
Source Daily Sports
Posted July 10, 2018
You may also like...
Osimhen battles Messi, Ronaldo for IFFHS award
Ortiz stops Martz in round 2 eyes Wilder...
Pogba, Ibrahimovic make Christmas dreams come true
Williams Would ‘Love To Play’ In US Open...
BRIDGE BUILDERS
Joshua weighs in on Nigeria-Ghana rivalry

Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,566 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,871 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,784 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,255 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,122 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,841 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,230 views)