By Daily Sports on June 5, 2018
If both sides can reach an agreement for the event's location, the arrangements for a fight between Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder could be finalizsed in a “few days,” Joshua’s promoter Eddie Hearn told Sky Sports.
Negotiations continued between Barry Hearn, Eddie's father, and Shelly Finkel, Wilder’s co-manager, in New York.
One of the main points of discussion is the location of the fight. Wilder’s camp offered $50 million for the fight, with hopes of it being held in Las Vegas. Wilder (40-0), who is from Tuscaloosa, Ala., has never had a fight outside the United States, Mexico or Puerto Rico. Joshua (21-0) has never fought outside his native United Kingdom.
Although terms haven’t been finalised yet, Sky Sports cited Wembley Stadium in London as a potential venue. The home pitch for the England national soccer team and Tottenham Hotspur F.C. has a capacity of 90,000.
“We want to do the fight in the U.K.,” Eddie Hearn said. “I don’t think they are too keen to do the fight in the U.K., but I think they are slowly realising that without Anthony Joshua, the future is not too bright and rosy for Deontay Wilder.”
Eddie Hearn had previously warned Wilder’s camp that a WBA title fight with Alexander Povetkin was in the works. That fight may still occur, but he’s confident that this one will happen as well regardless.
“(Wilder) wants the fight, we want the fight. Time is running out, because we need to let the WBA know and Alexander Povetkin know if we’re fighting them in September,” Hearn said. “At the moment, it looks like we are. I think this fight with Wilder could get agreed in the next couple of weeks. I think it will get agreed in the next couple of weeks and probably signed.
“It’s just a case of whether that fight happens in October, November, September, or we do it in February or March next year. Either way I do think it will get agreed. It’s just a timescale thing now.” (Boxing Scene)
•Photo: Anthony Joshua
Source Daily Sports
Posted June 5, 2018
You may also like...
LeBron set to miss at least two more...
Enugu Emerges Host of 2020 Para-Powerlifting World Cup...
Moses set to complete Fenerbahce loan deal
Pele sells off his life in the beautiful...
PSG Make Sensational Offer To Messi
Top Nigerian Boxer Dies After Surgery

Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,570 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,875 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,423 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,124 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,844 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,374 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)