Bullets sent in post to three referees

By Daily Sports on April 6, 2018

Bullets have been sent in the post to three key figures at the Italian Referees' Association, according to its president.

Marcello Nicchi said envelopes had been sent to him, the body's vice president Narciso Pisacreta and to referee selector Nicola Rizzoli.

Police are now investigating, he said.

Nicchi also condemned recent comments in which a TV journalist claimed referees had “declared a war against the people”.

“There is a journalist who said in a broadcast: ‘They have declared war on a people and in war you do not play the whistle, you are shooting. You have to shoot the referees and not allow them to referee’,” he said.

“This is the consequence.”

Last month, hundreds of Lazio fans demonstrated in front of the Italian Football Association’s headquarters, claiming their team had been the victim of numerous mistakes by officials and the video assistant referee (VAR) this season.

Serie A is among the European competitions where VAR is being trialled.

In England, the system has been used in the FA Cup and at last month’s England friendly match against Italy.

In March, FIFA approved the use of VAR at this summer’s World Cup in Russia – the first time it will be employed at the tournament. (BBC)

Source Daily Sports

Posted April 6, 2018


 

You may also like...
Record-Breaking Man City Beat Swansea To Reach FA...

Bosso wants apology for Kazeem

Formula 1: Who will be a breakout star...

Chelsea Secure Controversial Win over Cardiff as fans...

Blow For PSG As Injured Mbappe To Miss...

Juventus Recall Players From Abroad As Serie A...

 

Latest News Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists Ajagba eyes tougher fights after knocking Martin out Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat Chelle eyes foreign Eagles to strengthen Nigerian team Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival 56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,562 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,868 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,779 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,332 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,252 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,120 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,838 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,228 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media