By Daily Sports on October 13, 2017
Swiss prosecutors have opened criminal proceedings into Paris St-Germain chairman Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
The proceedings are connected to an ongoing investigation into former Fifa secretary general Jerome Valcke.
They relate to the sale of World Cup TV rights to Bein Sports, of which Al-Khelaifi is chief executive.
Last year, the Office of the Attorney General of Switzerland (OAG) said it was investigating Valcke for "various acts of criminal mismanagement".
In a statement on Thursday, the OAG said the new proceedings involving Al-Khelaifi had been "opened on the basis" of its findings.
It said it was "suspected that Jerome Valcke accepted undue advantages from a businessman in the sports rights sector in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the FIFA World Cups in 2018, 2022, 2026 and 2030 and from Nasser Al-Khelaifi in connection with the award of media rights for certain countries at the Fifa World Cups in 2026 and 2030".
The new investigation - that which relates to Al-Khelaifi - is being conducted in partnership with authorities in France, Greece, Italy and Spain, and was opened in March 2017, the OAG said.
"FIFA fully supports the investigation conducted by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General as well as the other involved authorities that has become public today," a statement by the governing body said.
•Photo shows Nasser Al-Khelaifi.
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 13, 2017
You may also like...
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr Offer...
Soccer Legend’s Son Dies on the Pitch
Valencia Sign Uruguay Striker Maxi Gomez
Surprise Package Sassuolo Target Serie A Top Spot...
Liverpool owners FSG will ‘consider’ new shareholders amid...
Lagos SWAN Congratulates AIG Fayoade, Says Promotion and...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,247 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,205 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)