Bellingham to miss start of season after surgery

By Daily Sports Nigeria on July 17, 2025

England and Real Madrid midfielder Jude Bellingham has undergone successful surgery for a long-standing shoulder issue.

The 22-year-old is expected to miss the whole of Real's pre-season and at least the first six weeks of the campaign, which would include England's World Cup qualifiers against Andorra and Serbia in September.

Bellingham has struggled with the problem since 2023, when he dislocated his shoulder in a game against Rayo Vallecano.

Real said he will now undergo a period of rehabilitation before returning to training.

The Spanish club, under new manager Xabi Alonso, start their La Liga season at home to Osasuna on 19 August.

Bellingham has worn strapping on his shoulder, but told reporters in June he was "tired of playing with the sling".

Real scheduled his surgery for after the Club World Cup in the United States, where they were beaten in the semi-finals by Paris St-Germain last week.

Bellingham joined Real from Borussia Dortmund for £115m two years ago and won the La Liga title and Champions League in his first season, scoring 23 goals in 43 appearances.

He scored 15 goals in 58 games last season, with Real losing the league title to Barcelona and knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter-finals by Arsenal.

 

Source BBC Sports

Posted July 17, 2025


 

You may also like...
Arsenal in talks to sign £22m midfielder Lucas...

Super Eagles Coach drops assistant Salisu over ‘bribery...

Manchester City To Appeal 2-year UEFA Competition Ban...

Skipper Koscielny Boycotts Arsenal’s Pre-Season Tour

Dembele: ‘Staying At Barca Always My First Choice’...

Leipzig Pound Sandhausen 4-0 In German Cup

 

Latest News Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,029 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,631 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media