By Daily Sports on January 8, 2022
Ralf Rangnick has said there are "unhappy" players at Manchester United but has urged the squad to be professional as they look to bounce back from the demoralising defeat to Wolves.
Rangnick said the bloated squad he inherited from Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has led to some players being left out in the cold.
ESPN revealed earlier on Friday that Rangnick was concerned dressing room unrest could derail their bid to finish in the Premier League's top four this season.
He is keen to get back on track with victory over Aston Villa in the FA Cup on Monday and suggested players who are not committed should leave Old Trafford.
"When you have a big squad, in the last two games, we had most players available and only 10 field players can play and three substitutes," Rangnick told a news conference on Friday.
"Then you have quite a number of players who don't even play or not even in the squad. Those players are unhappy about the situation -- it's obvious, clear.
"I tend to explain to players every two or three weeks why they are not playing and that is an issue in our team and other clubs.
"We have players with contracts expiring in the summer, we have maybe also one or two players who want to leave and are under contract.
"It is about the players dealing with that in a professional way, to show in training, to show up and get a chance to play.
"If this is not the case, the player, club and agents need to discuss the situation."
United have recorded positive results against Crystal Palace and Burnley during Rangnick's short reign but the 63-year-old admits the 1-0 defeat to Wolves was a step backwards.
He complained afterwards that his demand to press Wolves high up the pitch had not been met but the former RB Leipzig coach added that the players are at least trying to take his instructions on board.
"I'm sure they are listening and we showed in the last games against Palace, and Burnley they are trying to follow the advice I give them," he said.
"We concede less goals than before but still it's about balance. We need to find the best possible balance between offence and defence and this is something we have to get better on." (ESPN0
•PHOTO: Rangnick
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 8, 2022
You may also like...
Alexis Sanchez Fed-up At Inter Milan
Champions League: Rivers United hold hosts AS Real...
Kessie Hands Ivory Coast Win Over Malawi
Ronaldo gives PR job to daughter of agent...
Governor Ugwuanyi excited by NPFL Super 4 in...
Fury tipped to snub retirement for Joshua

Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,034 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,390 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,281 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,881 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,759 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,635 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,531 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,042 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,251 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,720 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)