By Daily Sports on June 17, 2021
Gennaro Gattuso and Fiorentina have agreed to part, just over three weeks after the former Italy international was appointed as coach at the Serie A club.”
“Fiorentina and coach Rino Gattuso have decided, by common consent, not to follow up on the previous agreements and therefore not to start the next season together,” the club said on their website
The club added that they would “immediately set to work to identify” another coach “to lead the team to the results that the club and the city deserve”.
The former AC Milan and Napoli coach was appointed on May 25 less than 48 hours after announcing his departure from Napoli and had not been expected to start work until July 1.
READ ALSO: Christian Eriksen: Denmark Midfielder To Have Defibrillator Implanted Following Cardiac Arrest
According to Italian media, there had been tension between the club, owned by American businessman Rocco Commisso, and Gattuso over both strategy and resources available for signing new players.
Gattuso was due to succeed Giuseppe Iachini after a messy season which ended with Fiorentina 13th in Serie A.
Iachini started the season in charge but was fired in December and replaced by Cesare Prandelli. When he quit in March, the club reappointed Iachini.
Italian media immediately linked the club to several available coaches, including Italians Andrea Pirlo and Claudio Ranieri and Frenchman Rudi Garcia. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Coach Rino Gattuso
Source Daily Sports
Posted June 17, 2021
You may also like...
Kyle Edmund ready to calmly climb even higher...
No Plan to Sack Super Eagles’ Coach, Says...
Nigeria sports need total overhaul – Chukwuka
Fans clamour for Osimhen, Awoniyi partnership
Chelsea’s Hazard Says: ‘I Think It Is a...
AC Milan ‘Most Improved Team Un Europe’

Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier
Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground
Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown
Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,883 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,045 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)