Joshua-Fury Set For Saudi Arabia — Hearn

By Daily Sports on May 11, 2021

Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury's world heavyweight title fight will take place in Saudi Arabia, says Eddie Hearn.

A specific venue and date is yet to be confirmed for the all-British bout, which will see the winner become the undisputed heavyweight champion.

Hearn, Joshua's promoter, suggested it could take place on either 7 August or 14 August.

"It's a very bad secret that the fight is happening in Saudi Arabia," Hearn told Sky Sports.

He added they were working with the "same people" as they did for Joshua's rematch against Andy Ruiz Jr.

Joshua, 31, won back the WBA, WBO and IBF belts by beating Ruiz in Diriyah, on the outskirts of the Saudi capital Riyadh, in December 2019.

He had lost the titles in a shock defeat in June that year.

"We're very comfortable. Anthony's comfortable, he knows those people," added Hearn.

"They delivered on every one of their promises last time. We're ready to go."

This year's rescheduled Tokyo Olympics are set to finish on 8 August, so Hearn said 14 August made more sense but that he hoped to secure the date and venue in the next few days.

Hearn announced that a two-fight deal between Joshua and Fury, 32, had been agreed in March after months of negotiations.

Fury's co-promoter Bob Arum subsequently said the fight was "dead in the water", which Hearn denied.

The fight will see all four belts contested in a heavyweight bout for the first time.

The last undisputed heavyweight champion was Britain's Lennox Lewis from 1999 to 2000. That was before a boxer also had to hold the WBO belt to be recognised as undisputed champion. (BBC)

PHOTO: Fury and Joshua

Source Daily Sports

Posted May 11, 2021


 

You may also like...
Ndidi Eyes Champions League Return With Leicester

AFN Releases Final List of Athletes for 12th...

30 Footballers Arrested In Kano For Violating Lockdown...

Iwobi: I’m Getting Better Under Ancelotti

Werner, Ziyech To Train Separately At Chelsea —...

Angry Awoniyi slams fan over flop post

 

Latest News Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60 Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31 ‘That goal changed my life,’ Okocha recalls iconic solo strike against Oliver Kahn WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,283 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,884 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,637 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,587 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media