Everton’s Doucoure Out For Up To 10 weeks

By Daily sports on March 13, 2021

Everton midfielder Abdoulaye Doucoure will be out for up to 10 weeks with a small fracture in his foot.

The 28-year-old missed Monday’s Premier League defeat at Chelsea after coming off during the win at West Brom on 4 March.

The Frenchman has started 25 league games since joining the Toffees from Watford in the summer.

Everton boss Carlo Ancelotti said he was “hopeful” Doucoure could return before the end of the season.

The Italian also confirmed playmaker James Rodriguez would not be available until after the March international break.

Rodriguez had been playing with a calf issue before missing the past three games, and Ancelotti wants the Colombian to fully recover before returning to the side.

It means the 29-year-old will miss Saturday’s visit of Burnley and the FA Cup quarter-final at home to Manchester City on 20 March.

“James played well, really well, against Man United and against Liverpool but he was not 100% fit,” said Ancelotti.

“We decided to give him a proper recovery and don’t let him play at 70 or 80%. We have taken this decision together and the player agrees.” (BBC)

•PHOTO: Abdoulaye Doucoure 

Source Daily sports

Posted March 13, 2021


 

You may also like...
CAF Confederation Cup: All Hope Not Lost as...

Sand Eagles lose World Cup opener to Italy...

Resurgent Manchester United spank Bournemouth

Floyd Mayweather deflates UFC rumours

Tottenham comeback against Barcelona in vain as they...

Atletico Sneak Narrow Win over Stubborn Leganes

 

Latest News Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60 Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31 ‘That goal changed my life,’ Okocha recalls iconic solo strike against Oliver Kahn WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,882 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,045 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media