By Daily Sports on June 3, 2019
Neymar has been accused of raping a woman at a hotel in Paris, Brazilian media reports said on Saturday, charges that the player's father slammed as attempted blackmail.
According to a complaint filed with Sao Paolo police and reported by the UOL and GloboEsporte websites, the Paris Saint-Germain star is accused of “using violence to have sex with the victim without her consent.”
Sao Paulo’s security secretariat would not provide a copy of the complaint to AFP, confirming only that one had been filed but saying its contents were classified.
The unidentified woman, who lives in Brazil, allegedly met Neymar through Instagram, and after exchanging messages, the footballer invited her to visit him in Paris in mid-May.
According to the complaint, Neymar arrived at the hotel “apparently intoxicated,” and the two chatted and exchanged “caresses”.
But then “he became aggressive and used violence to have sex with the victim without her consent,” the document said.
Neymar’s father, who is also his agent, categorically denied the accusations in an interview with Brazilian broadcaster Bandeirantes.
“This is not true, he has never committed any crime,” said Neymar Santos, arguing that his son was a victim of blackmail. “We have all the evidence and we already gave everything to the lawyers.”
According to Neymar Santos, his son and the woman went on a date, but Neymar did not want to see her again. Since then, the woman has tried to extort money from the player and his family, he said.
“My son can be accused of many things, but I know what kind of man he is ... it’s clear that this was a trap,” he said, adding that the family was prepared to release WhatsApp messages that would exonerate Neymar.
According to the media reports, the accuser was in Paris from May 15 to 17, but waited until last Friday to file the complaint in Brazil because she was “emotionally shaken.”
Neymar, 27, is currently in Brazil preparing for the Copa America, which takes place in the country from June 14 to July 7. (SuperSport)
•Photo shows Neymar
Source Daily Sports
Posted June 3, 2019
You may also like...
Euro 2020: The Nigerian Connection
Rivers Utd were good test for us –...
Sterling Shines As Man City Spank Aston Villa...
Bellerin: If Barcelona call me, I won't pick...
Barcelona Hold Talks with Atletico over Griezmann Signing...
Aubameyang to Miss 2019 Africa Cup of Nations...

WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,031 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,389 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,279 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,879 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,757 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,633 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,530 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,039 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,248 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,718 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,206 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)