By Daily Sports on November 27, 2017
Carlos Tevez's troubled spell in China looks to be over after flying home to Argentina -- just as his side Shanghai Shenhua won the FA Cup.
The 33-year-old Argentine forward has had a miserable 11 months in China despite earning some of the highest wages in world football, an estimated €730 000 a week.
The former Manchester United, Manchester City and Juventus star has played only half the games and scored just four Chinese Super League (CSL) goals all season.
He was not involved in the FA Cup final first leg or Sunday's second leg at rivals Shanghai SIPG, Shenhua winning the title on away goals despite going down 3-2 on the night.
Shenhua coach Wu Jingui said Tevez jetted home after he failed to make the squad for the second leg and his career in China is almost certainly over, although Wu would not be drawn on that.
"He wasn't named in the squad so he made the decision to go back to Argentina. I understand why -- a player of his high level," said Wu.
"Tevez has made a great contribution, especially in the FA Cup, he's not like the person that people say -- he is hardworking in training, training twice a day, morning and afternoon.
"He did a great job and technically he's a great player."
Wu, who led Shenhua to FA Cup glory after taking over from Gus Poyet, previously labelled Tevez overweight and had said that he would not play the Argentine former international until he shaped up.
Chinese football fans have been less than impressed with Tevez too, labelling him "very homesick boy" -- a nod to his penchant for flying back to Argentina at signs of trouble.
He has been linked with a return to his former club Boca Juniors. © AFP
•Photo shows Carlos Tevez.
Source Daily Sports
Posted November 27, 2017
You may also like...
Lagos SWAN Commends Golden Bet Winners Launch Of...
Dalung, Pinnick charge Eagles to triumph over Angola...
USA forward Dempsey announces retirement
Lookman’s market value hits €55m
Barca President Won’t Say Sorry To UEFA For...
Basketball: MFM, Aces, First Bank reach Zenith league...

FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery
D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut
Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,107 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,061 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,629 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,545 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,448 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,029 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,402 views)