Heynckes takes Bayern job after 4 years in retirement

By Daily Sports on October 7, 2017

After four years in retirement, Jupp Heynckes returned to Bayern Munich for a fourth stint as head coach on Friday in the hope of bringing the 2013 glory days back to the Bavarian giants.

This is the 72-year-old's first coaching job since steering Bayern to the 2013 treble, the first and only time a German side have won the Bundesliga, Champions League and German Cup titles in a single season.

Heynckes first led Bayern from 1987 to 1991, then briefly in 2009 as caretaker, and from 2011 until 2013.

He takes over the reins from the sacked Carlo Ancelotti, who lost his job last week after a stuttering start to the season and a 3-0 Champions League defeat by Paris Saint-Germain.

"There is a strong relationship of trust between Jupp Heynckes and FC Bayern," said club chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

"He is at the moment the ideal coach for Bayern."

Heynckes will be assisted by the current co-trainer of Fortuna Duesseldorf, Peter Hermann, and the current sports director of Bayern's youth team, Hermann Gerland.

"I would not have returned to any other club in the world, but Bayern Munich is close to my heart," said Heynckes, vowing to transform the team back into a "successful" squad.

"I'm doing it only because I owe a lot to Bayern," he said.

Heynckes walked away in June 2013 after Bayern lifted the Bundesliga, Champions League and German Cup trophies in a glorious fortnight. © AFP

•Photo shows Jupp Heynckes.

Source Daily Sports

Posted October 7, 2017


 

You may also like...
Alaba Open To Leaving Bayern In Future

Joshua picks Usyk to beat Fury in rematch...

Ronaldo shakes off the jeers as Madrid extend...

Unbeaten Leverkusen Beat Freiburg, Hertha Held On Guendouzi...

Hamilton rules out Vettel joining Mercedes

Organisers correct ticket link for Eagles’ London games...

 

Latest News FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double 2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,107 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,062 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,629 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,545 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,448 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,029 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,402 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media