By Daily Sports on September 2, 2017
Uefa has opened a formal investigation into Paris St-Germain as part of its "ongoing monitoring" of clubs under Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations.
European football's governing body introduced FFP 'break-even' rules in 2013, requiring clubs to balance their spending with their revenue.
PSG more than doubled the world record transfer fee when they spent 222m euros (£200m) to sign Neymar last month.
They have signed Kylian Mbappe on loan, and could pay £165.7m for him in 2018.PSG have been owned by the Gulf state of Qatar, via its Qatar Sports Investments fund, since 2011.
The French club made a profit of 10m euros (£9.2m) on revenue of 520.9m euros (£389.6m at the time of conversion) in the 2015-16 financial year, according to the most recent figures published by Deloitte.
The six-time French champions have failed to meet FFP rules before - receiving a fine, a spending cap and only being allowed to register 21 players for the Champions League in 2014.
The 'break-even' element states clubs can spend 30m euros more than they earn over a three-year period.
A Uefa statement said the investigation into PSG would "focus on the compliance of the club with the break-even requirement, particularly in light of its recent transfer activity".
It added: "In the coming months, the investigatory chamber of the Uefa club financial control body will regularly meet in order to carefully evaluate all documentation pertaining to this case."
Uefa considers financial fair play to be a crucial governance mechanism which aims to ensure the financial sustainability of European club football.
"In a statement PSG said: "The club is surprised by this approach given that it has constantly kept Uefa informed about the financial impact of all players' operations carried out this summer, even though it wasn't obliged to do so. The club is very confident in its ability to demonstrate that it will fully comply with Financial Fair Play rules for the fiscal year 2017-2018.”
•Photo shows PSG Deputy CEO Jean-Claude Blanc.
Source Daily Sports
Posted September 2, 2017
You may also like...
Kwara Ladies, Ubakala secure NWFL Pro-League tickets
Boboye dispels meltdown talk
VAR Firm To Work With Officials, Premier League...
Atalanta Clinch Champions League Spot With Genoa Win...
Nuno’s Spurs Future In Doubt After Manchester United...
Rivers Real Madrid Football Academy, Unanswered Questions on...

Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Bayelsa begin NWFL title defence against Edo Queens
‘Nigeria ready for West Africa paravolley tourney’
18 teams battle for Renewed Hope basketball tourney
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,185 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,079 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,922 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,503 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,632 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,198 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,590 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)