Nadal returns to Brisbane to open 2018 season

By Daily Sports on August 21, 2017

Rafa Nadal, who will return to the top of the world rankings for the first time in three years on Monday, announced on Sunday that he would be opening his 18th season as a professional at the Brisbane International in January.

The 31-year-old was beaten in the quarter-finals of the Australian Open warm-up by Milos Raonic on debut this year before going on to lose the final to Roger Federer at Melbourne Park.

Nadal, who lost to Australian Nick Kyrgios in the quarter-finals of the Cincinnati Open on Saturday said he had thoroughly enjoyed his first taste of the Queensland Tennis Centre.

"Last year for me was the first experience and was very successful," he said. "The atmosphere is great and there's a lot of nice people supporting the event."

The Brisbane International runs from New Year's Eve to Jan 7 next year.

•Photo shows Rafael Nadal in action.

Source Daily Sports

Posted August 21, 2017


 

You may also like...
Barca Agrees £42.5m Deal For Lewy

SWAN congratulates New Anambra CP Ama on assumption...

Madueke On Target For PSV

Sergio Ramos Back For Chelsea Clash

Afcon Qualifier: Ghana End Group C Campaign In...

Confed Cup: Enyimba In Make-Or-Mar Clash With Orlando...

 

Latest News Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0 Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes Olayinka ready for Saudi journey Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund Missing ’96 AFCON, CAF ban cost Eagles trophies – Okocha D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,039 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,400 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,891 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,767 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,054 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,257 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,729 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,217 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,600 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media