By Daily Sports on August 12, 2017
Neymar can make his Paris St-Germain debut after French football authorities received clearance following his £200m world record move from Barcelona.
The 25-year-old forward can play for the Ligue 1 side at Guingamp on Sunday.
The holdup was down to a delay in the arrival of the Brazilian player's international transfer certificate from Spanish football authorities.
At a pre-match news conference, PSG boss Unai Emery said Neymar was "physically ready to start" the game.
He had to watch from the stands as his new side beat Amiens in their first match of the new season.Transfers between clubs in different countries must include Fifa's international transfer certificate (CIT). It is this document that the French football authorities were waiting to receive.
Both the French Football Federation (FFF) and the Ligue de Football Professionnel (LFP), which runs Ligue 1, confirmed the transfer was now complete.
"We received the CIT and Neymar can play on Sunday," a spokesperson for the LFP said in a statement to BBC Sport.
Neymar's move to France has been troubled since the release clause in his contract was triggered.
Spain's La Liga believes PSG are violating Uefa's financial fair play (FFP) rules and Barcelona previously said they would report the French club to European football's governing body, Uefa, for a FFP breach.
Meanwhile, Neymar has agreed to pay a fine to Brazil's tax authorities in a bid to put his legal problems behind him, his lawyers said on Friday.
The lawyers said they expect to pay an eight million real ($2.52 million) fine to end the long-running dispute.
The office originally sought 188.8 million reais ($59.44 million) in fines, back taxes and interest, although that figure is thought to have fallen considerably.
"Although he doesn't agree with the value (of eight million) the process has dragged on for more than three years and the intention is to end it and move on to this new phase for Neymar," said Marcos Neder, one of the player's lawyers.
The decision to cough up and move on comes just a week after Neymar left Barcelona to join PSG for a world record fee of €222 million.
The 25-year old has been beset with accusations he bilked tax authorities in both Spain and Brazil.
"The accusations (against us) were at times hasty, at other times they went against us, but it left a mark on his image and as you know Neymar lives off his image," said lawyer Gustavo Xisto.
"We need to be cautious about it. I think that is the lesson we have learnt." © Reuters
•Photo shows Neymar Jr.
Source Daily Sports
Posted August 12, 2017
You may also like...
Ronaldo Scores Again As Juventus Beat Sampdoria
Australian Open 2018: 15 year-old reaches third round...
BREAKING NEWS: Eagles gun down hosts Zambia 2-1...
NPFL board reschedules kick-off for 2023/24 league season...
Dalung assures Falcons on entitlements
Football Leaks: Ronaldo, Mourinho accused of tax avoidance...

Gala fans to honour Osimhen’s late mother
Eagles to play Iran, Jordan in four-nation tourney
First Falcons call-up thrills Erhabor
Ekezie junior claims Defensive MVP award at All-Star camp
Niger-Delta Games: Sports, instrument of unity, empowerment — Tinubu
Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday
NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands
Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,572 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,880 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,788 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,425 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,258 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,127 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,673 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,846 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,376 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,763 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)