By Daily Sports on August 11, 2017
Eddie Hearn has revealed that the Principality Stadium in Cardiff is the most likely venue for Anthony Joshua's next fight against Kubrat Pulev in either October or November.
The Joshua camp has had to look for an alternative opponent for Joshua after Wladimir Klitschko retired last week, just three months before he was due to face the Briton in a Las Vegas rematch on November 11.
Hearn – the IBF, IBO and WBA (super) heavyweight world champion's promoter – stated that a mandatory title defence against Pulev is set to be Joshua's next bout despite the WBA ordering him to step into the ring with Luis Ortiz.
Deontay Wilder has also called out Joshua, but Hearn said a showdown with Pulev in the Welsh capital is on the cards.
"On we go plotting the next moves for Anthony Joshua," Hearn said in a Daily Mail column."
We are making good progress and we know the fourth defence of his IBF world title and the first defence of his WBA crown will be against the IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev.
"As for the dates, we are still looking at the two nights we had in mind when we were planning the Wladimir Klitschko fight – we had the two options of Cardiff on October 28 and Las Vegas on November 11."
Those still remain, although Cardiff is now the frontrunner." (Yahoo)
•Photo shows Promoter Eddie Hearn.
Source Daily Sports
Posted August 11, 2017
You may also like...
Osimhen can become Africa’s next Ballon d’Or winner...
AFCON: Suspended Sadio Mane to Miss Senegal Opener...
NBF trials for C’wealth Games begin March 1...
AC Milan Fight Back To Beat Celtic
Barcelona Suffer Shock Defeat Against Getafe
Osimhen eyes African Footballer of the Year award...

Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday
NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands
Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,571 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,877 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,423 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,127 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,845 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,374 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)