By Daily Sports on August 10, 2017
Victor Moses could again be battling for his life at Chelsea in the new season as the Premier League champions are still on the transfer market for a right wing-back with Joao Cancelo from Valencia and Serge Aurier of PSG the latest to be linked to the London club.
Last season, Nigeria international enjoyed his best-ever season at Chelsea, playing 33 matches and scoring three goals in a new role at right wing-back.
However, he may now have to share this role in the new season should Chelsea succeed in buying either Cancelo or Cote d’Ivoire star Aurier.
SkySports sources said ‘The Blues’ scouted the right-back extensively when he was playing for Portugal at the European U21 championships this summer and watched him again in pre-season.
The 23-year-old made one appearance for Benfica before joining Valencia on a season-long loan in 2014.
He agreed a permanent switch to the Spanish side the following year.
And according to The Telegraph of London, manager Antonio Conte wants two new wing-backs to provide competition and cover for Victor Moses and Marcos Alonso, and has turned to £27m-rated Aurier.
Chelsea and United must both wait to find out if Aurier successfully wins his appeal to quash his conviction for assaulting a police officer last year, and is allowed entry to the UK after being forced to miss a UEFA Champions League game at Arsenal last October when border control authorities revoked a visa that had been initially granted. (SCORENigeria)
•Photo shows Victor Moses.
Source Daily Sports
Posted August 10, 2017
You may also like...
No NPFL relaxation yet - Ammeh
Lady golfers’ president, Animashaun, dies suddenly during tournament...
Eguma unfazed after Warriors setback
Yobo unveiled as NPFL ambassadors
Chukwueze Undergoes Successful Surgery
Time for Super Eagles to try 3 at...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,186 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,923 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,507 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,633 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,592 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)