By Daily Sports on April 12, 2017
Borussia Dortmund’s Champions League quarter-final with Monaco has been postponed after the Dortmund team bus was damaged by an explosion.
The German team confirmed that defender Marc Bartra broke his wrist in an incident near their hotel and required hospital treatment.
The match will now be played at Dortmund’s Westfalenstadion at 17:45 BST on Wednesday.
Police confirmed there had been three explosions in the area of the team bus.
Dortmund’s chief executive Hans-Joachim Watzke said: “There has been an attack with explosives on the team bus.
“The whole team is in a state of shock – you can’t get pictures like that out of your head.”
Windows were broken on the bus, which was six miles from the stadium at the time of the incident at around 18:00 BST, and former Barcelona centre-back Bartra was sent to hospital.
Police said the cause of the explosions, at Hochsten outside the city, was unclear, but added there had been no evidence of any threat to supporters.
Spanish Prime Minister Mariano Rajoy tweeted his support, wishing Bartra a quick recovery, as did his former club.
The night’s other quarter-final between Juventus and Barcelona kicked off as scheduled.
Dortmund president Reinhard Rauball added: “Of course this is an extremely difficult situation for the players.
“But they are professionals, and I am convinced that they will put that away and will bring their performance on Wednesday.” (BBC)
•Photo shows Borussia Dortmund team bus after Tuesday’s attack.
Source Daily Sports
Posted April 12, 2017
You may also like...
Sports Minister set to give terms of reference...
Arsenal shortlist in-demand Lookman
Crisis rocks National Youth Games, four Edo athletes...
Falconets seek perfect record against Canada
Why this year’s CNS Swimming Championship is different:...
Bayern eye double for Pep’s farewell

Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen
Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket
LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos
Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,104 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,056 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,627 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,544 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,445 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,028 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,400 views)