By Daily Sports on March 24, 2017
David Haye has been called before boxing authorities to explain his behaviour in the build-up to his heavyweight bout with Tony Bellew.
Haye graphically described injuries he hoped to inflict on Bellew in the run-up to last month’s stoppage defeat.
The former world heavyweight champion must appear before the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) on 12 April.
The BBBofC believes Bellew’s behaviour improved after both fighters were warned days before the bout.
“Mr Haye was told to behave himself but the board have called him,” the board’s general secretary Robert Smith told BBC Sport.
“He will now be given the opportunity to come and explain his behaviour.”
The BBBofC condemned the actions of both fighters during a fight week which included a boisterous news conference in Liverpool and a media event in London.
According to records on the BBBofC website, Haye, 36, made a donation and apologised for his behaviour to the Southern Area Council at a meeting three days before the bout.
Bellew, 34, was handed a four-month suspended suspension by the board in December as a result of his ringside behaviour when he called Haye out following victory over BJ Flores in October.
Further misdemeanours could have seen his licence withdrawn before the meeting with Haye.
After his 11th-round stoppage win, an emotional Bellew told reporters: “What we have done for boxing tonight is put it on a pedestal.
“Two men fought their hearts out. The board can’t say nothing to me and if they do, I will go and get a licence somewhere else.”
Haye said after the fight that he expected to be fined for his pre-fight comments.
The ex-WBA heavyweight champion has said he intends on returning to the ring after recovering from Achilles surgery. (BBC)
•Photo shows ex-heavyweight champion David Haye.
Source Daily Sports
Posted March 24, 2017
You may also like...
PSG table €200m for Osimhen, Kvaratskhelia
Mrs Buhari Hosts Para Powerlifting World Cup Flag-off...
Abraham fires Roma past Leicester into Conference League...
Eagles strikers must be clinical – Esin
Fans Hail Musa Kida Re- Election As NBBF...
Eagles call-up made me leave Cska Moscow –Samuel...

Joshua, Fury in contract stalemate
Agunbiade emerges Nigeria’s lone survivor at WTT Lagos
Nigeria call-up boosted my confidence – Alebiosu
First Eagles invite thrills Rangers’ Oputa
270 athletes begin journey to stardom in Edo
Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat
Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth
AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau
FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery
D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,789 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,112 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,069 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,636 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,550 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,454 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,288 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,846 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,034 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,530 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,959 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)