By Daily Sports on October 26, 2016
Ghana are set to take on Egypt in front of 75 000 fans when they meet in a 2018 FIFA World Cup Qualifier next month.
According to KingFut, the Egyptian Minister of Youth and Sport has announced that record-high number of fans will be allowed to attend the football match - the most in four years.
The Pharaohs have not had fans fill the rafters since the 2012 Port Said Massacre, but things look set for change following Minister Khaled Abdel-Aziz's revelation.
Close to 70 000 packed inside the 86 000 capacity EL Borg Arab Stadium in Alexandria on Sunday evening to watch Zamalek take on Mamelodi Sundowns in the 2016 Caf Champions League final, with roughly the same number expected to attend the national teams clash against the Black Stars.
It was previously announced that only 50 000 fans would be allowed into the iconic ground, a number that will now rise to 75 000, which will be a record attendance in the North African country since 2012.
Egypt face Ghana on the 13th of November with the visitors desperate for a win - following a goalless draw at home to Uganda in the opening round. Egypt beat Congo in Brazzaville earlier this month. (mtnfootball.com)
•Photo shows Avram Grant
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 26, 2016
You may also like...
Gundogan Double Rescues Germany In Estonia
Messi, Barca Agree Five-Year Contract Extension With 50...
Eagles must revert to traditional style of football...
McGregor: If I fought Mayweather again, it would...
England’s youth football system is better than Spain’s:...
Martinez a doubt for Barcelona, says Inter’s Inzaghi...

Chelsea's 'best player' Palmer fit to face Arsenal
I’m going to school Paul – Joshua
EPL: Arteta says Chelsea ‘fully deserving’ title rivals ahead of showdown
Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,186 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,080 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,922 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,506 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,633 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,199 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,592 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)