Clichy reveals Guardiola frustration

By Daily Sports on September 23, 2016

Gael Clichy has revealed that Pep Guardiola was angry with aspects of Manchester City's performance in their 2-1 EFL Cup victory against Swansea City on Wednesday.

City's latest win means they have now won all nine of their matches so far this season.

Clichy opened the scoring and Aleix Garcia grabbed his first goal for the club before Gylfi Sigurdsson struck in injury time.

But City did surrender possession on a number of occasions and offered up plenty of chances, with Willy Caballero, who misplaced a number of passes, and John Stones, who overran the ball in his own area, the most obvious examples.

And Clichy says Guardiola made his displeasure known in the changing room afterwards.

"The boss wasn't really happy about this," he told reporters.

"It's one thing to play against a better side who create chances but it's not good enough when you give them [opportunities] through losing the ball in the middle of the park.

"We know what we did right and we know what we did wrong. The victory was the most important thing and of course we can improve."

And while Clichy himself was pleased with the general performance, he did admit that City were at times "not good enough".

"We were a bit sloppy but I think overall we controlled the game," he added.

"We didn't start well - the first half wasn't good enough and then we started to play a bit better in the second half.

"The victory is the most important thing. If you lose you are out of the competition. Now we can rest and look forward to Saturday." (goal.com)

•Photo shows Gael Clichy

Source Daily Sports

Posted September 23, 2016


 

You may also like...
City Agree Second Biggest Kit Deal in EPL...

Ronaldo injured in ill-tempered El Clasico •Barca stay...

Eguma, Austin sing Gov. Wike's praise

Chukwueze, Olayinka Miss Out On Europa Conference League...

Nigerian Wing Wizard Odion Ajayi on a Mission...

New Chelsea Signing Ziyech Happy That Future Is...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,320 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,491 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,474 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,075 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,060 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,057 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,874 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,420 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,532 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,134 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,573 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,994 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media