Rio Olympics heroes raise alarm over $390,000 Japanese gift

By Daily Sports on September 10, 2016

Both players and officials of the Nigeria team to the Rio Olympics have said they are becoming increasingly uneasy that they have yet to receive their share of the $390,000 gift by a Japanese surgeon several weeks after the cheques were presented to the team.

Impressed Japanese plastic surgeon, Katsuya Takasu wrote out two Citibank cheques - $200,000 in favour of Coach Samson Siasia and another $190,000 in favour of Chelsea star, Mikel.

It was further gathered that officials of a top commercial bank flew out to Uyo to collect the cheque in Mikel’s name when the Super Eagles assembled there for an AFCON qualifier against Tanzania last week.

It is expected that this cheque will clear in a few days now.

Coach Siasia, on the other hand, has said he has lodged the other cheque in his name at a bank and that it will take 22 working days for him to be able to cash it.

He is currently back in the United States of America, where he lives with his family.

A worried team member expressed some reservations over the delay cashing these cheques, saying they may well be schemed out of getting their share of the cash gift.

“The entire team agreed how this money will be shared, but with all these delays we are no longer sure we will get what has been promised us,” he complained.

“Delay is very, very dangerous in this case.”

"We really don't know what is happening as regards the cash," added a player to the Rio Olympics. (mtnfootball.com)

•Photo show Siasia, Mikel flank Japanese fan donated $390,000 to the Nigeria Olympic Team

Source Daily Sports

Posted September 10, 2016


 

You may also like...
D’Tigers thrash defending champions Tunisia

FIFA task force in Rabat to inspect 2026...

Wenger Calls For World Cup To Be Held...

35 women detained for trying to attend a...

2 Man United legends differ on their future...

Aruna retains African No.1 spot in ITTF rankings...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,320 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,490 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,474 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,075 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,060 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,057 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,874 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,420 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,531 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,134 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,573 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,994 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media