By Daily Sports on September 9, 2016
FIFA on Thursday dismissed appeals by Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid against a ban on registering new players in the next two transfer windows for irregularities in the signing of foreign players under 18.
Real and Atletico — last season’s Champions League finalists — were also fined 360,000 ($358,000) and 900,000 Swiss Francs respectively.
However, the Spanish giants still have a final right of appeal to the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).
“The FIFA Appeal Committee has decided to reject the appeals lodged by Spanish clubs Atletico de Madrid and Real Madrid and to confirm in their entirety the decisions rendered by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee in the respective cases relating to the protection of minors,” FIFA said in a statement.
Both clubs were sanctioned in January, but by appealing had temporarily held off the ban during the transfer window which closed last month.
They will now not be able to register any new players in either of the next two windows, in January 2017 and July-August 2017.
European champions Real responded by saying they will now go to the CAS in an attempt to have the decision overturned “as quickly as possible”.
“The club regrets the decision on the ground that it is profoundly unfair and contrary to the most elementary principles of penal law,” read a statement posted on their website.
“The club will begin the appropriate appeals procedure before the Court of Arbitration for Sport, requesting that the decision be completely overturned, with absolute confidence that said organisation will come to an entirely favourable decision.
“Real Madrid C. F. will request that the procedure be undertaken in an urgent manner in order to obtain a decision from the CAS as quickly as possible.” (Sourced from NAN)
•Photo show Real Madrid line-up
Source Daily Sports
Posted September 9, 2016
You may also like...
Salah equals Jay Jay Okocha’s record, emerges BBC...
Mikel will decide on Super Eagles return, says...
Mbappe Sends Warning To Cavani Ahead Of Man...
Why Alcaraz is 'red-hot favourite' for third Wimbledon...
Bayern Munich, Other Bundesliga Clubs, Take Pay Cut...
UCL: Chelsea/Bayern To Face Napoli/Barcelona In Quarter-Final Draw...

Osimhen undergoes tests today for Fenerbahce return
Atalanta must take UCL form to Serie A – Lookman
Crystal Palace's five-match unbeaten run ended by Strasbourg
EPL: Chelsea, Arsenal set for London derby as Man City hosts struggling Leeds
Pimblett to fight Gaethje for interim title in January
Madueke 'not worried' by fan criticism over signing
'More identity' - Frank takes heart from Spurs defeat at PSG
Slot having 'same conversations' at club despite form
Ex-UFC champ, Garcia warn Paul against Joshua fight
Bayelsa begin NWFL title defence against Edo Queens
‘Nigeria ready for West Africa paravolley tourney’
18 teams battle for Renewed Hope basketball tourney
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,374 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,608 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,547 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,185 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,161 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,079 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (51,922 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,503 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,632 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,198 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,590 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,065 views)