By Daily Sports Nigeria on October 28, 2025
Real Madrid's Vinicius Jr says he "didn't want to offend anyone" when he and some of his team-mates clashed with Barcelona players after winning Sunday's El Clasico.
The Brazil forward, 25, expressed his frustration at being substituted in the 72nd minute and went straight down the tunnel.
He returned to the Real bench later and, after his side's 2-1 win, tried to confront Barcelona's 18-year-old winger Lamine Yamal during unsavoury post-match scenes.
Vinicius was one of five players booked for their part in the incident, while Real's substitute goalkeeper Andriy Lunin was shown a red card.
"El Clasico is like that," Vinicius told Real Madrid TV. "There are a lot of things happening on and off the pitch.
"We try to maintain a balance, but it's not always possible. We didn't want to offend anyone, not Barca players, nor the fans.
"We know that when we step on to the pitch, we have to defend our side, and that's how it was today."
Lamine Yamal had angered the Real players by saying last week that Real 'steal' and 'complain'.
After scoring Sunday's winner at the Bernabeu, Real's England midfielder Jude Bellingham said on Instagram:, external "Talk is cheap. Hala Madrid always."
There have been many reports in recent months that Los Blancos would consider letting Vinicius leave if they received a suitable offer.
At the end of this season, the Fifa Best men's player of the year will have one year remaining on his contract but talks over a new deal have stalled.
When Vinicius was substituted on Sunday, cameras from broadcaster Dazn picked up the Brazilian saying: "Always me! I'm leaving the team! It's better if I leave, I'm leaving."
Real Madrid coach Xabi Alonso responded by saying: "I focus on a lot of positive things in the game, and positive things from Vini. We'll talk about [his reaction], of course."
On the clashes after the final whistle, Alonso said: "I interpret it with normality. We don't have to make too much of it.
"It's the tension of the moment, for them and us. These scuffles have always happened."
Source BBC Sports
Posted October 28, 2025
You may also like...
Wolves Spank Everton To Climb Back Into Top...
Buffon hangs international boot
Oshoala, Demehin headline Falcons’ first training session
Nigeria squeak home at ICC World T20 Africa...
Lukaku, Eriksen Fire Inter Milan Into Europa League...
Cavani Wahala For Brighton Today At Old Trafford...

Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,565 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,871 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,784 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,254 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,122 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,841 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,230 views)