By Daily Sports Nigeria on April 14, 2025
Napoli president, Aurelien De Laurentiis, is keen on blocking Juventus’ interest in Victor Osimhen, insisting the on-loan striker will not join the Old Lady in the summer transfer window, PUNCH Sports Extra reports.
The Nigerian forward who is currently on loan at Galatasaray is set to bid farewell to Napoli in the summer after he fell out with the club’s hierarchy last season.
Since moving to the Turkish Super Lig side, the 26-year-old has scored 29 goals and provided six assists in all competitions for Okan Buruk’s side this season, as the wave of interest in him hot up in Europe.
Premier League clubs Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal are reported to be in pursuit of the striker just as Napoli’s domestic rivals, Juventus, have registered interest in Osimhen.
However, De Laurentiis has no intention of letting his prized asset join the record Serie A champions.
Speaking on Radio Kiss Kiss via Calciomercato, the Italian club owner made it clear Osimhen won’t be joining Juve.
“No! Never at Juventus,” De Laurentiis said.
PUNCH Sports Extra had reported that the former Serie A champions Napoli are willing to lower Osimhen’s €75m valuation to enable Manchester United to seal a deal for the Nigerian striker and also prevent him from joining Italian rivals Juventus in the summer.
The former African Player of The Year was expected to leave last summer, but his purported move to Saudi Arabia failed, while he also rejected a Chelsea transfer over personal terms.
Galatasaray are also reported to be ready to make sacrifices to keep the 26-year-old, but they will struggle to convince him of such a move.
The player has also been coy about his next destination.
“There are always rumours about me, but I live in the moment. I’m enjoying all this now. The fans supported me in an incredible way. Not only me but also my companions and my family. The best decision will be made for everyone, but Galatasaray will forever remain in my heart,” Osimhen previously said about his future.
Source Punch Ng
Posted April 14, 2025
You may also like...
Man City Spank Port Vale To Book FA...
'Elite mindset' - Salah hits 50th European goal...
Ronaldo Scores As Juventus Extend Serie A Lead...
Neymar plays second fiddle to Eden Hazard as...
Exclusive: 2023 AFCONQ: Eagles Showed Hunger, Determination For...
Ronaldo Out To Smash International Goal Record

FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
ICYMI: CAF reaffirms Morocco as host of WAFCON 2026, rejects postponement talk
PHOTOS: Kenya’s Ezra Kering wins 2026 Lagos city marathon
Chukwuemka prefers Austria to Nigeria
Enekwechi throws season best, Okezie finishes second in Serbia
Ogazi wins SEC Runner of the Week
Lookman has matched Osimhen’s impact – Peseiro
West Ham plot Chukwueze summer hijack
Tennis: Stakeholders dream big after Davis Cup promotion
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,556 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,865 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,777 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,415 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,331 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,249 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,115 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,664 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,834 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,365 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,758 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,222 views)