Autopsy confirms Olanrewaju died of cardiac arrest

By Daily Sports Nigeria on April 5, 2025

    Body to arrive Nigeria in two weeks

The autopsy performed on former Nigerian boxer, Olanrewaju Segun ‘Success’, has revealed that he died from sudden cardiac arrest during his bout in Ghana last Saturday, The PUNCH reports.

According to the Secretary-General of Nigeria Boxing Board of Control and West African Boxing Union President, Remi Aboderin, the preliminary post-mortem results indicated cardiac arrest as the cause of death, but further investigation is needed before the body can be released.

“The preliminary post-mortem results indicate that Segun died from sudden cardiac arrest.

“But further investigation into his heart condition is required, and as a result, his body will not be released to Nigeria for burial until approximately two weeks,” Aboderin said.

The autopsy was conducted on Wednesday, April 2 following a court order into the death of the Nigerian boxer.

The 40-year-old had been pronounced dead at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra last Saturday after collapsing during his fight against Ghanaian boxer Jon Mbanugu at Fight Night 15 of the Ghana Professional Boxing League.

Olanrewaju was leading on points in the scheduled eight-round light-heavyweight contest before the tragic incident occurred.

The 40-year-old had been pronounced dead at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra last Saturday after collapsing during his fight against Ghanaian boxer Jon Mbanugu at Fight Night 15 of the Ghana Professional Boxing League.

Olanrewaju was leading on points in the scheduled eight-round light-heavyweight contest before the tragic incident occurred.

 

 

Source Punch Ng

Posted April 5, 2025


 

You may also like...
Misfortune trailing Broner, Figueroa Jr. fight

Manchester United Set To Battle Leicester City As...

Batshuayi's Late Goal Gives Chelsea Victory At Ajax...

McGregor says he will destroy Mayweather’s legacy

Heartland in talks to hire Turkish coach

Police confirms only 7 Man U fans electrocuted...

 

Latest News Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60 Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31 ‘That goal changed my life,’ Okocha recalls iconic solo strike against Oliver Kahn WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,883 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media