Napoli lower Osimhen asking price to £85m

By Daily Sports Nigeria on June 25, 2024

According to Calcio Mercato, Napoli still haven’t received any offers for Nigerian striker, Victor Osimhen, and are now willing to listen to proposals in the region of around £85m instead of the initial £100m release clause as they look to cash in on the striker this summer.

Other reports in Italy state that the Serie A side would agree to a player-swap deal with Manchester United, which will see Mason Greenwood join the former Serie A champions, with Osimhen heading in the opposite direction.

Manchester United are keen to sell Greenwood in the summer, even though the rape charges against him were dropped last year. The 22-year-old winger did well on a loan at Spanish La Liga side Getafe, winning the club’s Player of The Season award, and has been linked with several clubs, including Juventus, Lazio, and Napoli.

Manchester United may consider including Greenwood in a part-exchange deal due to their interest in signing Osimhen, as Napoli’s Sporting Director Giovanni Manna is believed to have a good impression of Greenwood.

Osimhen is desperate to play in the Premier League, but despite interest from Arsenal, Chelsea, and United, no club appears ready to trigger his £100m release clause.

For Napoli to agree to Osimhen’s switch to the Premier League, the Italian giants may have to desist from their rigid stance on the release clause. Getting the cash plus the Greenwood offer may be beneficial to both parties.

As reported by La Repubblica, citing Spazio Napoli, the Red Devils may initiate a significant exchange with Aurelio De Laurentiis’ club.

Below is the newspaper’s detailed analysis, translated from Italian to English using Google Translate.

“Napoli wouldn’t mind a technical counterpart to lower the “cash” and make a high-level capital gain. It’s no mystery that sporting director Giovanni Manna likes Mason Greenwood. The crystal-clear striker has relaunched himself at Getafe after the accusations of domestic violence and rape that had obviously slowed his rise at Old Trafford.

“Both Juventus and Lazio are following him; he represents an opportunity. United have decided not to continue with him despite the accusations of having been withdrawn by his girlfriend (with whom he later got back together; the couple had a child), and the contract expiring in 2025 requires an immediate transfer. The English side’s moves will be closely monitored; it’s probably Osimhen’s last chance to perform in the Premier League.”

Source Punch Ng

Posted June 25, 2024


 

You may also like...
Federer Says His ‘Heart Decided’ To Play Olympic...

Sanwo-Olu sponsors Lagos athletes for International Skate-a-Thon

Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool's Champions League tie is...

Ministry, NFF Disagree over Exclusion of Nations Cup...

Osimhen Wins Napoli’s March Player Of The Month...

Premier League Hopeful Of June 8 Restart

 

Latest News NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027 Rivers United won’t make last season’s mistake – Finidi Ocheme closes in on PFL Africa crown Oyede names Piety, Agboya, others for World Cup qualifiers Nigeria storm India for Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship Oshoala’s Bay FC set NWSL stadium record

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,307 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,477 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,467 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,063 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,047 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,044 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,860 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,409 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,514 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,123 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,558 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,980 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media