By Daily Sports Nigeria on March 18, 2023
Former Bayern Munich star and German international Didi Hamann has picked Nigeria International Victor Osimhen as the most prolific striker in the world and better than Manchester City striker Erling Haaland.
The 24-year-old Nigerian striker is enjoying a brilliant season at Napoli, scoring 23 goals in 28 appearances across all competitions to help Luciano Spalletti’s side sit 18 points clear in the Serie A table and reach the Champions League quarter-finals.
Manchester United have been heavily linked with a move for the Super Eagles striker as Erik ten Hag looks for a long-term replacement for Cristiano Ronaldo, while Chelsea and Arsenal are also considering a move for Osimhen.
The former Liverpool midfielder turned pundit believes Osimhen is even better than Haaland, who has also enjoyed an impressive season at the Etihad.
The 22-year-old Norwegian striker has scored 39 goals in 36 appearances in all competitions in the 2022/23 season and became City’s highest goalscorer in a single season after netting five in the 7-0 rout over RB Leipzig in midweek.
Despite these stats, Hamann still rates the Super Eagles forward over Haaland.
“For me, Osimhen is probably a better all-round player than Haaland right now and links up play better, “ Hamann said as quoted by Metro UK.
Hamann further added that Osimhen brings more to the game.
“Haaland is a very direct player and I was cautious whether he really fits into that Man City team.
“He may prove me wrong at the moment if you look at his goal-scoring and stats, but they could still be trophyless at the end of the season.
“I think he’s a player every top club should go for, because, for me, at the moment Osimhen is the best centre-forward in the world.”
The former Lille star recently made his intentions clear that it was his ‘dream’ to one day move to the Premier League.
“I’m working so hard to make sure that I achieve my dream of playing in the Premier League someday. But like I said, it’s a process and I just want to keep on this momentum and continue to do well, “ Osimhen said earlier in the month.
Source Punch Ng
Posted March 18, 2023
You may also like...
Omokaro Urges Rohr To Ensure Equal Opportunity For...
Lagos To Divert Traffic At Teslim Stadium For...
Villa Score Three Late Goals To Sink Fulham...
Premier League Legend Hails Thomas Partey
Mourinho speaks after losing Manchester United Job
Adekuoroye, two others to participate at “Beat the...

Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen
Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket
LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos
Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,783 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,103 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,046 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,627 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,544 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,445 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,841 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,028 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,952 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,400 views)