Joshua can still bounce back, says promoter

By Daily Sports Nigeria on March 14, 2023

Anthony Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, has admitted that the former unified heavyweight champion has lost some of his box office appeal, insists the pugilist can still bounce back to become the best boxer.

The 33-year-old two-time world champion is still suffering from the consequences of his back-to-back defeats to Ukrainian, Oleksandr Usyk.

But Joshua’s ring return nears and he hopes it will be a road back to world title contention, on April 1, in a must-win showdown against Jermaine Franklin at the O2.

However, despite Joshua previously having sold out stadiums at Wembley and Tottenham, there are still thousands of tickets unsold at the 20,000 East London arena.

And his Matchroom promoter Hearn feels that the successive losses to Usyk have had an impact on Joshua commercially.

He told ESBR Boxing, “He’s coming off two defeats, so of course you’re not going to be the same size commercially as you were when you beat Wladimir Klitschko in front of 90,000.

“But he’s a great fighter, he’s one of the best heavyweights in the world. I feel like he can still be the best heavyweight in the world.”

The British-Nigerian is looking to get back into title contention, however, and is starting things off with a tasty clash against American Franklin, who lost a narrow decision to Dillian Whyte at the tail-end of 2022, but most thought he did enough to win the fight.

Source Punch Ng

Posted March 14, 2023


 

You may also like...
Arise TV Hosts Lagos SWAN Executive

Arsenal links will not distract me – Vardy...

Ndidi Set For Leicester Return Against Man City...

Tottenham fined £75,000 over fans misconduct in Man...

Rooney’s agent in China to discuss potential move...

Ikpeba backs Osimhen to break Yekini’s record

 

Latest News Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double 2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,786 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,109 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,065 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,632 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,548 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,451 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,844 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,030 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,528 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,955 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media