Tiger Woods’ ex-girlfriend suing over acrimonious split

By Daily Sports Nigeria on March 9, 2023

Tiger Woods’s ex-girlfriend has filed a lawsuit seeking to be released from a nondisclosure agreement she says the golf superstar made her sign at the start of their relationship in 2017, court filings showed Wednesday.

Erica Herman, who lived with the 15-time major winner at his Florida mansion until late 2022, filed the request in the Circuit Court of the 19th Judicial Circuit in Martin County, Florida.

According to court records seen by AFP, Herman’s attorneys are arguing that the NDA she was required to sign is “invalid and unenforceable” under US federal legislation known as the Speak Out Act.

The law, which became effective last year in the wake of the MeToo movement, makes nondisclosure agreements unenforceable in cases involving sexual assault and harassment.

Herman’s case filings do not go into further details and there are no specific allegations against Woods.

But in response to a question on the court filing which reads “Does this case involve allegations of sexual abuse?” Herman’s attorneys have checked the box marked “Yes”.

Herman’s bid to waive her NDA agreement marks an escalation of a legal dispute with Woods which began last October, but which has gone largely unreported in the US media.

In court filings also seen by AFP, Herman’s lawyers have sued the Jupiter Island Irrevocable Homestead Trust, which is the legal entity that owns Woods’s home in Florida.

Herman’s suit alleges that “agents” for Woods duped her into leaving the mansion last year by telling her to prepare for a vacation.

“By trickery, agents of the defendant (Woods) convinced the plaintiff (Herman) to pack a suitcase for a short vacation and, when she arrived at the airport, they told her she had been locked out of her residence,” the court filing said.

Herman’s lawyers claim Woods is in violation of an “oral tenancy agreement” allowing her to live in the mansion — reportedly worth $54 million — and are suing for damages.

The legal dispute threatens to drag Woods’ private life into the media spotlight once again, 14 years after the sex scandal which almost destroyed his career and shocked the sporting world.

Woods squeaky clean image imploded in 2009 after revelations of multiple infidelities, leading to his divorce from his first wife Elin Nordegren in 2010.

Since that scandal, Woods has slowly rebuilt his career, winning the Masters in 2019 to complete a fairytale comeback after years of injuries and multiple surgeries.

He faced a fresh setback in 2021 when he was involved in a serious rollover crash in California which again imperilled his playing career before making another comeback to major championship golf last year at the Masters.

The golfing icon is not playing at this week’s Players Championship in Florida but is on record as stating that he hopes to play in April’s Masters in Augusta.

Source Punch Ng

Posted March 9, 2023


 

You may also like...
Federer Pulls Out Of Miami Open

Nigeria recall Chippa United goalie, Daniel Akpeyi

Ronaldo quits Man United with immediate effect

Boussoufa Fires Morocco Past South Africa

Zidane Targeting La Liga Title Next Season

Oshoala’s Barcelona Spank Chelsea To Win Women’s Champions...

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,320 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,490 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,474 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,075 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,060 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,057 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,874 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,420 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,531 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,134 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,573 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,994 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media