By Daily Sports Nigeria on February 1, 2023
British-Nigerian boxer Anthony Joshua says he will like to fight both Tyson Fury and Deontay Wilder before the end of 2023.
The former two-time unified heavyweight champion is in the rebuilding phase of his career, after losing three out of his last five fights, including two to Oleksandr Usyk. The boxer is also considering a training camp move to the United States for a change of scenery.
His promoter, Eddie Hearn is planning a ring return for Joshua (24-3, 22 KOs) with a date of April 1. The likely opponent is durable contender Jermaine Franklin.
“It won’t be hard to find an opponent to fight me,” Joshua told IFL TV.
Should Joshua get through his return fight, he wants to jump straight to the top of the division once again with a big fight.
“(Fury) or (Deontay) Wilder in 2023. Both of them will be a good night and a hard night’s work. But yeah, 2023 is (Fury or Wilder – or potentially both.”
Joshua’s team has made considerable progress negotiating with Fury’s team over the last couple of years, but the initial interest has always ended in failure due to a number of factors.
When Joshua was asked if the chances of a Fury fight was over once and for all, he remained positive on the possibility of a super fight.
“In my heart, no (it’s not over). But if you listen to what (Fury) says, it’s up and down. But I’m sure he’ll fight me. I don’t think his dad will let him not fight me. His dad’s a proper guy, I like his dad. So yeah,” Joshua said. Hearn has also shared that he wants Joshua to fight three times this year, but he’s floated the idea of Dillian Whyte as an opponent in the summer, and Wilder after that.
Joshua has previously stated that the Wilder fight “has to happen” because they both are from the same era.
Source Punch Ng
Posted February 1, 2023
You may also like...
Tiger Woods, Ernie Els Cup captains
Eagles to test strength against Teranga Lions, Stallions...
2018 World Cup qualifier: Cameroon will be difficult...
Rashford cleared to complete Barcelona loan move
Atletico, Inter Join English Clubs In ESL Withdrawal...
Osimhen’s Napoli Transfer Will Lift Nigeria — Amuneke...

Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move
Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60
Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31
WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything
Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win
Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,883 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,636 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,045 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)