By Daily Sports Nigeria on November 15, 2022
Tournament Director of the ongoing Dala Hard Court Tennis Championship, which started yesterday, Mallam Yusuf Datti, has disclosed that 30 players are fighting for the top prize at the main draw of the event, which started yesterday in Kano.
He said the Nigeria Tennis Federation (NTF) invited 20 men and 10 ladies, who are ranked players into the main draw of the tournament.
The tennis championships, which served off with preliminaries from November 11 to 13, will finish on November 19, 2022. Datti revealed that the budget for this edition of the yearly tournament is slightly higher than that of last year because of inflation, adding that the amount for this year is N27 million.
He, however, said the event’s organisers are happy with the positive response from their major sponsors, including Aliko Dangote, Fidelity Bank and Wacot Limited, as well as several other corporate organisations and individuals.
Datti added that they have as usual, provided accommodation and feeding for players, as well as national officials of the tennis sport’s governing body.
Datti, who is the Northwest representative on the NTF board, disclosed that Kano State Deputy Governor, Nasiru Gawuna, will be at the closing ceremony.
Joseph Imeh and Marylove Edwards won the men’s and ladies singles titles of the 2021 competition respectively. The men’s winner this year will go home with N1 million prize, while the ladies’ champion will get N600, 000.
Source The Guardian Nigeria
Posted November 15, 2022
You may also like...
Eguavoen backs Boniface as goal drought continues
West Brom Win As Brighton Pay Penalty Amid...
NTF targets tennis development, certifies 40 coaches
Man City Might Not Be Able To Compete...
Barclays Premier League Week One – Preview
Klitschko third opponent to back Joshua against Fury...

D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut
Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale
NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege
FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off
Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,107 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,061 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,629 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,545 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,448 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,029 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,401 views)