Togo stick with coach Claude LeRoy despite jail threat

By Daily Sports on June 23, 2016

The Togo Football Federation will not sack coach Claude LeRoy despite French prosecutors demanding he go to jail.

LeRoy is facing a case about his involvement in the fraudulent transfer of players at French club Racing Club de Strasbourg in the 1990’s and 2000’s.

Prosecutors asked the High Court of Strasbourg last week to jail LeRoy for two years, with 18 months of the sentence to be suspended.

“I know concerning Strasbourg that I’m completely clear,” he told BBC Sport.

“All I have to do is wait the decision of the president of the tribunal on 13 September.”

As well as LeRoy the prosecutors want the club’s former president Patrick Proisy jailed for three years with 30 months suspended

Prosecutor Sebastien Hauger says Proisy “was the real head” of the club while LeRoy was primarily an “ambassador” and removed from its financial realities.

Hauger has not asked for monetary sanctions against the men as neither of them benefited financially.

The prosecution claims that false invoices enabled sports marketing company IMG and various intermediaries to profit from the transfer of players – to the financial detriment of Strasbourg.

LeRoy has been in charge of Togo since April when he replaced Tom Saintfiet.

Frenchman LeRoy has been in charge of several African nations including Ghana, Senegal, DR Congo and won the Africa Cup of Nations with Cameroon in 1988. (BBC)

•Photo shows Coach Claude LeRoy.

Source Daily Sports

Posted June 23, 2016


 

You may also like...
Manchester City Beat Crystal Palace To Bounce Back...

Amusan wins again, Brume second at Hungary meet...

Maikaba leaves Wikki Tourists

Yaya Toure set to leave Man City

Sarri Waiting on Second Chelsea Signing

W’Cup qualifiers: Oyede trims Female Yellow Greens squad...

 

Latest News Falcons to get new coach before Olympic qualifier Okocha bemoans Eagles’ lack of home ground Ajayi set for Silesia Diamond League showdown Awoniyi fired up for Coventry after reported £9m move Pro boxers celebrate Aboderin at 60 Ikogosi Road Race returns Oct 31 ‘That goal changed my life,’ Okocha recalls iconic solo strike against Oliver Kahn WAFCON: Ajibade insists Falcons gave everything Dolphins begin WBPL title defence with 59-46 win Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (64,035 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,391 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,282 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,883 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,760 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,637 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,534 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,046 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,252 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,723 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,207 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,585 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media