By Daily Sports on January 17, 2022
Burnley has requested Tuesday's Premier League game at home against Watford be postponed because of a high number of players with injuries and Covid-19.
Manager Sean Dyche said there were "10 recognised first-team players in training", adding the side has gone "too far past the threshold".
The fixture was originally due to be played in December but was called off because of an outbreak at Watford.
The Premier League said the request would be reviewed later on Monday.
The Clarets' game against Leicester on Saturday was also postponed.
League rules say a club must play a game if they have 13 outfield players and one goalkeeper available.
If the game is postponed, it will be the 22nd top-flight match this season to be rescheduled because of coronavirus.
As well as the original Watford fixture, Burnley had games against Aston Villa and Everton postponed in December because of Covid-19 cases among the opposing teams.
"I can assure you we don't want to be three, four games behind everyone else," Dyche said.
"We've worked hard to get games on. If there was a reason for this game to go ahead we'd prepare as we can.
"To bring true competitive element to a league you need to put out a team that's competitive. When you get to a point where you can't that needs to be looked at."
The Turf Moor club were without Dyche and a number of first-team players because of the virus when they were knocked out of the FA Cup by Championship side Huddersfield Town earlier in January.
Confirming their submission of an application to postpone the Watford game, Burnley said in a statement: "The decision was reluctantly made to submit the application due to a high number of injuries and Covid-19 cases within the squad." (BBC)
Source Daily Sports
Posted January 17, 2022
You may also like...
Okagbare draws Bowie
Obafemi Martins fires Shanghai Shenhua to Chinese FA...
Villar quits Fifa and Uefa roles
PSG eyes Zidane
Quadri To Defend ITTF Africa Crown In Tunisia...
Atletico Madrid and Dortmund reach last Champions League...

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,030 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,632 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,205 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)