World Cup In 2022 ‘Will Be My Last’, Says Neymar

By Daily Sports on October 11, 2021

 

Brazil star Neymar said Sunday that the 2022 World Cup will be his last as he “doesn’t have the strength to put up with more football”.

“I think it will be my last World Cup,” the 29-year-old told DAZN.

“I will play it like it is the last because I don’ know if I will still have the mental strength to put up with even more football.”

Neymar, who has played in two World Cups and is his country’s second top scorer of all time behind Pele, will be 34 when the 2026 tournament rolls around.

“I will do everything to get to the 2022 World Cup in great shape and will do everything to win for my country, to fulfill my biggest dream since I was little,” added the Paris Saint-Germain star.

Neymar played in the 2014 World Cup on home soil and scored four goals.

However, he was to suffer a back injury before Brazil were humiliated 7-1 by Germany in the semi-finals.

Four years later, in Russia, Brazil were knocked out by Belgium in the quarter-finals.

So far, his international honours have been limited to the 2013 Confederations Cup and an Olympic gold medal in Rio in 2016.

Injury ruled him out of the 2019 Copa America which Brazil won as well as the 2021 edition where Argentina triumphed in the final.

Brazil are comfortably placed to reach the 2022 World Cup in Qatar having won all nine of their qualifiers in the South American region so far. (AFP)

•PHOTO: Neymar 

Source Daily Sports

Posted October 11, 2021


 

You may also like...
Infantino speaks of “unforgettable visit” to Nigeria

US to make Baseball popular in Nigeria

Federer Wins To Get His ATP Finals Campaign...

Tinubu urges Senate to pass anti-doping bill

Africa’s World Cup Qualifiers Resume With Matchday 3...

And Mikel finally leaves the Blues . ....

 

Latest News Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie Besiktas open to €10m Ndidi sale NBF Pro targets better pay for boxers – Omo-Agege FirstBank pledges commitment as 8th OBJ golf tourney tees off Shameless, Brainless and Clueless Nigeria’s Football Officials Bassey Africa’s best defender – Osimhen Finidi targets NPFL title after CAFCL ticket LOC chair promises unforgettable WTT Lagos Akwa governor almost stopped Uyo pitch maintenance – Gusau

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (63,785 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,104 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,059 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,628 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,545 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,446 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,286 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,842 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,028 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,526 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,953 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,400 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media