By Daily Sports on October 8, 2021
Egypt will battle it out with Libya in the 2022 Fifa World Cup qualification Group F match at the Borg El Arab Stadium on Friday.
Kick-off is at 9pm CAT. The Pharaohs got off to a positive start in their group F campaign last month as they claimed a 1-0 win over Angola at home, before drawing 1-1 with Gabon away. However, this was not enough for Hossam El Badry to retain his job as the Pharaohs head coach as he was fired by the Egyptian Football Association and was replaced by Carlos Queiroz. The experienced Portuguese coach described Libya’s Mediterranean Knights as a strong opponent, with the two North African teams scheduled to meet twice, on Friday and then on 11 October in Benghazi. “The preparation for the Libya match took only five days, which is not enough, but we can work and prepare for the game,” Queiroz said on King Fut. “Libya is a strong opponent, but we know very well its weaknesses and strengths. The Egyptian national team is lucky to have a distinguished group of players in all positions.” Meanwhile, Libya have had a great start to their group F campaign having edged out Gabon 2-1 at home, before defeating Angola 1-0 away last month.
The Mediterranean Knights are currently placed at the top of the group standings – two points above second-placed Egypt as the teams look to reach the third round of qualifying.
Javier Clemente, the Libya head coach, discussed challenges faced by his players ahead of their encounter against the seven-time African champions. “There are many circumstances that represent an obstacle for the players of Libya national team,” Clemente said in an interview on Libya Alahrar TV: “But they have great enthusiasm, and I trust their enthusiasm to overcome all the obstacles they face.” The last competitive meeting between Egypt and Libya was in January 2006.
The Pharaohs emerged 3-0 winners over the Mediterranean Knights in the 2006 Africa Cup of Nations group A game in Egypt. (SuperSport)
•PHOTO: Carlos Queiroz, new Egypt coach
Source Daily Sports
Posted October 8, 2021
You may also like...
NFF Dismisses Reports On Amokachi’s Appointment, Says Bewarang...
Football player dies after being punched in head...
We Need Tours To Prepare For Olympics Qualifiers...
Ighalo Opens Door To Super Eagles Return
Allardyce takes the fall
Lookman, Iwobi early arrivals in Eagles Dubai camp...

Obiejesi Ratified As President of Okija Town Union, Lagos ...Thanks Members For Endorsing Him ...Urges Them To Unite And Move The Union Forward
Onuachu, Osimhen, others set for title defences as new season begins
Hrgovic confident of Itauma upset
Thrills as Nigerian women win 2026 ABVD Cup
Ajibade, Babajide promise Falcons comeback
Madugu apologises, Falcons heartbroken as NFF probes W’Cup failure
Agege LG boss kicks off 2026 Obasa Summer Games
Super Falcons miss first Women’s World Cup after 2-1 S’Africa loss
Joshua, Fury fight hits stumbling block
Coach apologises to Nigerians over Falcons World Cup miss
Katsina United clarifies Ozor’s death report
SWAN Congratulates New Anambra CP Ama On Assumption Of Duty
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,029 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,387 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,277 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,877 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,756 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,631 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,526 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,036 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,246 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,717 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,203 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,584 views)