By Daily Sports on May 31, 2016
Enyimba’s Bartholomew Ibenegbu has strongly denied rumours of an altercation between him and Warri Wolves’ Moses Etu.
Sections of the media reported that the midfielder with Abu Azeez and Joseph Osadiaye beat up the Seasider’s general manager shortly after the People’s Elephants’ win over Warri Wolves on Sunday.
“I did not touch Moses Etu,” Ibenegbu told Goal.
“Immediately after the game, I walked up to him to ask about my unpaid wages and match bonuses which is up to N8.5 million. I had gotten from a reliable source that the money had been released by the state government.
“He said that he was not the owing me. Then, I reminded him of how he promised to pay me after I left the club for Enyimba. I promised not to let him walk away until he gave a positive response on how his management would pay my backlog of debt.
“Within the twinkle of an eye, he dashed to pick the substitute board and hit me thrice on my head and not quite long my teammates and some fans came to my rescue.
“I've never assaulted anyone in my life, especially not Etu who I worked with for years. It’s just unfortunate that he lied to the media that I attacked him when he was the one who hit me and threatened to gun me down.
Enyimba management fined him 300,000 and he promised to appeal the heavy sanction because he was innocent of the charges.
“It’s sad that my club has decided to fine me and my colleagues without hearing our own side of the story.
•Photo shows Bartholomew Ibenegbu.
Source Daily Sports
Posted May 31, 2016
You may also like...
Mourinho turns down offer to return to Real...
Dangote Plans To Buy Arsenal In 2021
Arthur Keen To Stay At Barca Despite Italy...
Iheanacho set to lead Eagles attack, Victor Moses,...
Joshua stops Takam in round 10, keeps IBF,...
Eagles were held hostage, insists Eguavoen

Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,565 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,871 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,784 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,420 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,336 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,254 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,122 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,670 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,841 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,371 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,761 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,230 views)