By Daily sports on June 30, 2021
Manchester City captain Fernandinho has signed a one-year contract extension at the Premier League champions, saying he has unfinished business at the club.
The deal keeps the 36-year-old Brazilian at the Etihad Stadium until 2022 and he is targeting another shot at the Champions League after City lost to Chelsea in their first final in the competition last month.
“In my head and my mind, the job is not done yet and so that’s why I decided to stay here another year and try to help the team and the club to achieve the goals that they’re looking for,” said Fernandinho.
“In my point of view, we can do that, there’s still places to improve and to get those targets.”
He added: “If I can keep doing the same way, leading them inside the pitch, off the pitch, to help them to improve and get better and to perform better during the games, I would be the happiest person there.”
Fernandinho joined City from Shakhtar Donetsk in 2013 and has made 350 appearances and won 12 domestic trophies during that time.
“Fernandinho’s contribution to Manchester City cannot be overstated,” said the director of football Txiki Begiristain. “He is an outstanding footballer – one of the best in the world in his position – and an exemplary professional.
“Since he arrived in 2013, his attitude and consistency have been exceptional, and he has developed into one of our most influential players.” (AFP)
•PHOTO: Fernandinho
Source Daily sports
Posted June 30, 2021
You may also like...
Agent Raiola blasts Guardiola
AFCON: Why I told Senegal teammates to come...
Chelsea, Man Utd Challenge PSG For ‘Available’ Dybala...
Heartland Players Protest 11-Month Unpaid Salaries
Zamalek mock Enyimba
Revealed: Why Victor Moses missed Man United v...

Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Athletes protest as Ogun award N474m for NSF medallists
Eagles to face Jordan in March friendly
Senegal coach hails Falconets strength in W’Cup qualifier defeat
Chelle eyes foreign Eagles to strengthen Nigerian team
Nobody'll Stop Me From Contesting 2027 Election, Obi Vows -Even If It Holds in Their Bedroom -Assures Youths Of Accountability In Governance
FIFA Monday meeting to determine Eagles’ World Cup fate
Adesanya keen to prove GOAT status
Davis Cup: Ochei sparks Nigeria’s tennis revival
56 grassroots clubs battle for Taiwo Afolabi Cup
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,562 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,868 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,779 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,418 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,333 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,252 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,120 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,668 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,838 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,368 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,760 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,228 views)