By Daily sports on April 22, 2021
Sadio Mane has revealed that he is working hard in pursuit of reaching the sort of form fans have come accustomed to in recent years.
The Senegal international broke his Premier League goal drought in the club’s 1-1 draw at Leeds United earlier this week and the Liverpool No.10 has admitted that he has struggled in recent weeks.
Mane, 29, scored for the first time in the league since January and revealed that in the past he would’ve felt under even more pressure to perform, but he believes experience and confidence in his ability will lead him back to peak form.
“It’s a really, really tough time for me, we have to recognise that, but it’s part of football and I already know it so I’m dealing with it and trying to work as hard as I can to help the team more,” Mane told Liverpoolfc.com.
“A few years ago I would maybe struggle a bit more but now I have more experience and know a bit more about football so I know how this kind of time is.
“It’s my first time but, to be honest, I never doubt [myself]. I just try to be more positive than I’ve ever been, so that’s it,” he added.
Mane has scored 13 goals in 42 appearances across all competitions this season.
Liverpool currently occupy sixth spot on the Premier League standings, two points behind fourth-placed Chelsea ahead of Saturday’s match at home to Newcastle United at Anfield.
It has been a tough season for the Reds who will end the campaign without silverware having been knocked out of the Carabao Cup, FA Cup and most recently the Uefa Champions League. (African Football)
•PHOTO: Saido Mane
Source Daily sports
Posted April 22, 2021
You may also like...
CHAN 2018: Ikhana hopeful on Home Eagles
Hazard Will Make the Difference at Real Madrid...
Peseiro must go, angry fans tell NFF
Serie A Season May Not Finish, Says Italian...
Super Falcons draw shocking - Mbachu
Musa equals Ighalo’s Scoring Record, Emerges Super Eagles’...

NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Onyekwere-Lyons eyes double Commonwealth Games glory
Priestly Ordination: Igbawase Irotier Family Now Has A Priest
W’Cup: Nigeria’s wait continues as FIFA delays DR Congo verdict
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,567 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,875 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,786 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,422 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,124 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,843 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,372 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,232 views)