Odion Ighalo Confirms Man United Exit

By Daily sports on January 27, 2021

Odion Ighalo has confirmed he has left Manchester United following the end of a year-long loan spell from Shanghai Shenhua.

He told ESPN earlier this month that he would have liked to stay at United for the rest of this season but also revealed an interest in moving to Major League Soccer.

“It’s so hard to see this dream come to an end,” he said on Instagram. “But I give God the glory for helping me fulfil this lifelong dream of putting on a Manchester United shirt as a player and represent this great club, it was indeed an honor I will forever cherish and be grateful for.

“To the manager I say thank you for trusting and believing in me when many did not, to my amazing teammates I will miss you guys, it was always fun and a time I look forward to training and spending time with all of you. And I pray we win the league and FA Cup this year.

“To the best fans in the world (the Manchester United fans) we have missed you, but we hear your voices cheering us on from afar, we can’t wait to have you all back on the stands.

“I’m still and would remain a Manchester United fan forever. Once a Red, always a Red. Thank you Manchester United and God bless.”

The 31-year-old Nigeria striker was pushed down the pecking order at United following the arrival of Edinson Cavani in the summer.

Ighalo made a key contribution to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team at the end of last season, scoring five goals in 19 appearances as United reached the semifinals of the FA Cup and Europa League, as well as finishing third in the Premier League to secure a return to the Champions League. (ESPN)

•PHOTO: Odion Ighalo

 

Source Daily sports

Posted January 27, 2021


 

You may also like...
Nigeria focused for Cameroon tie - Rohr

WAFCON q’final: Madugu rallies Falcons for Zambia battle...

Quadri hopes to surpass q/finals record at table...

NBA In Talks To Play Rest Of Season...

Champions Liverpool Add To Villa’s Relegation Worries

Guardiola not listed among UEFA ‘greatest’ coaches

 

Latest News Basketball: MFM, First Bank maintain league dominance Haye backs Itauma to beat Joshua, Fury NPFL woos NTA after N6bn StarTimes deal collapse Okonkwo’s WNBA hardship contract ends Lagos aims for dominance as youth games begins NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,319 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,489 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,473 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,074 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,058 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,056 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,872 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,419 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,530 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,133 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,571 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,993 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media