Mourinho Urges Alli To Earn His Place At Spurs

By Daily sports on September 24, 2020

Tottenham boss Jose Mourinho expects Dele Alli still to be at the Premier League club when the transfer window shuts next month, confirming he is in the squad for this week’s Europa League fixture.

The England midfielder, who has been left out of the past two games, has been linked with a loan move to Paris Saint-Germain in recent days.
But he will travel to North Macedonia for the Europa League third-round qualifying clash against Shkendija on Thursday.
After being subbed at half-time during the opening game of the season against Everton, Alli was not in the squad for the matches against Lokomotiv Plovdiv or Southampton.
But he had been due to start against Leyton Orient in the League Cup on Tuesday before the match was called off following a coronavirus outbreak at the League Two club.
Speaking about Alli’s inclusion in the squad for the Shkendija trip, Mourinho said: “I always told that he will have his opportunities. I always told that it is no problem at all to have him and, like every other player, performances are important.
“He is coming, he has a chance to play and it will be important to play, it will be important for him to perform.”
Alli’s place in the Spurs team has been put under even more threat by the arrival of Gareth Bale on loan from Real Madrid for the rest of the season potentially to form an exciting front three alongside Harry Kane and Son Heung-min.
Kane and Son combined for all five of Tottenham’s goals in a 5-2 win at Southampton, to bounce back from a 1-0 home defeat to Everton. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Dele Alli

Source Daily sports

Posted September 24, 2020


 

You may also like...
Blues, Spurs can’t stop winning, misery in Manchester...

Dortmund Fans Donate 70,000 Euros To Bars, Restaurants...

Milner, Mane see off 10-man Palace

Gombe United match-fixing claims shocks Rangers

Diego Costa tells Argentina to appreciate Messi after...

Milan Coach Pioli Promised A Say In New...

 

Latest News NSC confirms 6,382-man contingent for Youth Games Anambra First Lady Bids Farewell To Team Anambra, Charges Them To Surpass Records At 2025 NYG In Asaba Amaechi targets consistency at World Champs NPFL to probe more players over betting allegations Super Eagles’ Nwabali suffers injury ahead of World Cup qualifiers Over 6,300 athletes set for ninth national youth games in Delta Rasheedat Ajibade signs for Paris Saint-Germain until 2027 Rivers United won’t make last season’s mistake – Finidi Ocheme closes in on PFL Africa crown Oyede names Piety, Agboya, others for World Cup qualifiers Nigeria storm India for Commonwealth Weightlifting Championship Oshoala’s Bay FC set NWSL stadium record

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (56,307 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (47,477 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (45,467 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (45,063 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (45,047 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (45,044 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (44,860 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (44,409 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (43,514 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (42,123 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (40,558 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (39,980 views)

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media