By Daily Sports on July 3, 2020
Achraf Hakimi has officially moved from Real Madrid to Inter, with reports suggesting the Milanese club have spent around €40 million (£36m/$45m) to secure the services of the youngster until 2025.
It is also said that Madrid have included a buy-back clause in the wing-back's five-year deal.
A statement on Los Blancos’ official website reads: “Real Madrid CF and Inter Milan have agreed to transfer Achraf Hakimi. The club wants to thank Achraf for all these years of dedication, professionalism and exemplary behaviour since he came to our academy in 2006 and wishes him good luck in his new phase.”
Hakimi had been widely expected to return to Santiago Bernabeu after two stellar seasons at Borussia Dortmund, the 21-year-old announcing himself on the Champions League stage in style with important goals and assists.
Indeed, the player's agent, Alejandro Camano, had said his client was bound for the Spanish capital once his loan deal had been completed, but it seems the prospect of battling Dani Carvajal for a starting spot after being a regular starter at Signal Iduna Park forced the player to consider his options.
In linking up with Antonio Conte’s Inter, the youngster is likely to be one of the first names on the team sheet, with Antonio Candreva entering the twilight of his career and Victor Moses only on loan from Chelsea.
In Conte’s preferred system, Hakimi would likely line up on the right-hand side of a midfield five in a 3-5-2 formation, operating in his natural right-wing-back role.
Hakimi is a full international for the Morocco national team despite being born in Madrid, already has 28 caps to his name and has scored two goals along the way. (Goal)
•PHOTO: Achraf Hakimi
Source Daily Sports
Posted July 3, 2020
You may also like...
Maradona discharged from hospital
Adesanya fires back at Pereira
Tim Bradley bows out after 13 years
Pele: Neymar needs to score more and dive...
Battle for Europe: Chelsea’s chances boosted after Man...
Wilder to take frustrations out on Stiverne

Draws hold as Niger Delta Games begin Friday
NFF to review Chelle’s $130k request, other demands
Usman to retire after becoming two-division champ
NPFL: Kwara United slams post-match violence after Rivers United clash
Widow, late Nigerian boxer’s family clash over estate
Falcons recall Okobi-Okeoghene, Monday for Cameroon friendlies
Lagos SWAN Chairman, Amb. Olatutu Oladunni, and EXCO Members Extend Ramadan and Lenten Greetings to Muslim and Christian Faithful Across Lagos
Lookman battles Onyedika in UCL knockout play-off
Osimhen’s Galatasaray thrash Juve 5-2 in UCL first leg playoff
Para-badminton star Bolaji emerges World No. 1 after Bahrain tourney
Falcons to face Cameroon in pre-WAFCON friendlies
Ondo athletes eye Niger Delta Games top spot
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,571 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (54,875 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (52,787 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,423 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,337 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,257 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,126 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,672 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (50,844 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,374 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,762 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,233 views)