By Daily Sports on May 30, 2020
The FA Cup final will be held on August 1, the Football Association announced on Friday, after the Premier League said on Thursday that its season will restart on June 17.
The quarterfinals of the FA Cup will be held over the weekend of June 27-28, with the semifinals earmarked for the weekend of July 18-19.
The knockout competition, like the rest of English football, had been put on hold due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The FA said that the dates for the games, which will be played behind closed doors, were “provisional” and dependent on all safety elements being in place for the games.
“We are pleased to agree the provisional restart date for the 2019/20 Emirates FA Cup," said FA Chief Executive Mark Bullingham.
“The competition has been an integral part of the English football calendar for nearly 150 years and we’d like to thank the Premier League executive and clubs for their support in scheduling the remaining matches during this unprecedented time.”
Bullingham emphasised the provisional nature of the proposed dates, adding that “the health and wellbeing of players, staff and supporters remains our priority”.
FA CUP QUARTERFINALS (originally drawn on 4 March):
Leicester City v Chelsea
Newcastle United v Manchester City
Sheffield United v Arsenal
Norwich City v Manchester United (Reuters)
•PHOTO: FA Cup Trophy
Source Daily Sports
Posted May 30, 2020
You may also like...
UEL: Boniface, Dessers, Akpom begin Europa quest
Ex-Eagles stars laud 1XBET over new football tourney...
Mfon Udoh Eyes 20 NPFL goals for Akwa...
Griezmann: I am on the same level with...
Bosso confidence of El-Kanemi's continental target chase
Pickford Mistake Earns Leicester Point At Everton

Itauma unfazed by Usyk threat
Arsenal win English Premier League after Man City draw at Bournemouth
AFCON qualifiers: Nigeria face Madagascar, Tanzania, G’Bissau
FIFA WORLD CUP 2026: Dreaming of Olise, Musiala, Eze, Saka - Priceless Jewels Nigeria Lost to Treachery
D’Tigress star Musa wins historic French double
2026 WTT Contender Lagos serves off
Tabugbo eyes Commonwealth Games success
Adeshina to headline PFL Africa Lagos debut
Amusan targets World Ultimate Champs qualification
Joshua, Fury must not lose next fight – Hearn
I’m enjoying best period of my career – Osimhen
EFN, NUC move to integrate esports into Nigerian varsitie
Rangers International going, going . . . (63,789 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,112 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,067 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,633 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,548 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,454 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,288 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (51,846 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,034 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,528 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (47,957 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,405 views)