Kante Misses Chelsea Training Due To Safety Concerns

By Daily Sports on May 21, 2020

Views: 1,152

N’Golo Kante was allowed to miss Chelsea’s phase-one training session on Wednesday due to his concerns around safety as the Premier League begins the early steps of its restart plan.

The World Cup-winning midfielder tested negative for coronavirus on Tuesday and conducted his first socially distanced session under Frank Lampard at Cobham Training Centre.

Lampard gave permission for Kante not to train on Wednesday and Chelsea as a whole have been supportive of the decision made by one of their star players.

Chelsea will allow the 29-year-old to train at home and will continue their efforts to make their training ground safe for the rest of their squad.

Kante has had an injury-hit season and had just returned after being out for a spell before football shut down in March amid the coronavirus pandemic.

There is plenty still unknown about risk factors associated with the highly contagious and deadly virus, but data from the Office of National Statistics suggest black men and women are almost twice as likely to die from Covid-19. This is even when factors such as health, disability, household composition and area deprivation are taken into account.

Kante also collapsed in the dressing room at Cobham in March 2018 in front of his team-mates, which led to him missing a match against Manchester City. Subsequent cardiology tests, however, cleared him of concerns about his heart.

The former Leicester City star lost his older brother, Niama, to a heart attack before the World Cup in 2018 and the midfielder also lost his father when he was 11 years old.

Callum Hudson-Odoi also missed training on Wednesday due to illness. His absence is not related to coronavirus nor his arrest at the weekend amid accusations of rape.

Tammy Abraham has expressed his concerns around returning to training during the pandemic due to his father Anthony having asthma. Still, he reaffirmed after that his priority is to complete the season.

“My dad has asthma, so if I was to return to the Premier League and, God forbid, I do catch this disease and bring it home, it’s the worst thing possible. The last thing I need is to catch the virus myself or be in contact with anyone with the virus,” the forward said.

Chelsea have seen several other previously injured players come back after being out before the shutdown, including the likes of Abraham, Mateo Kovacic and Christian Pulisic.

Kante’s decision follows similar problems faced by other Premier League clubs as Watford captain Troy Deeney said he would not return to training due to his five-month-old son's breathing difficulties.

Furthermore, Newcastle full-back Danny Rose has said that footballers are being treated as “guinea pigs” during attempts to kick-start the league. (Goal)

•PHOTO: Chelsea star N’Golo Kante

Source Daily Sports

Posted May 21, 2020


 

You may also like...
Tyson Fury 'will not apply' for new licence...

Nasarawa United Beat Rangers To Move Out Of...

Hamilton says 'Paradise Papers' will not distract him...

Dalung Inaugurates Edo 2020 Main Organising Committee

Ajayi, Osaguona on target in North Africa

Not ready to retire, Pacquiao lists potential opponents...

 

Latest News Nigeria brushes off Gambia, battles Tunisia today At SRAP basketball clinic, American coach, Baker, points at ways to excellence Falconets seek perfect record against Canada NFF Annual General Assembly: Ministry Walks Fine Line Nigerian paralifters will rule the world, next Commonwealth Games, says Ezenwanne WBA rates Usyk-Joshua rematch most awaited world heavyweight title fight Man City complete signing of Spanish defender Gomez I am aiming for Olympic gold – George We fear no foe, says Onyenezide, Falconets’ goal heroine Udogie Arrives London Ahead Tottenham Move Done Deal: Enyimba Captain Oladapo Joins TP Mazembe 2022 U-20 WWC: ‘How Falconets Overcame South Korea’ —Danjuma

 

Most Read Rangers International going, going . . . (50,099 views) Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (41,284 views) Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (39,684 views) Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (39,668 views) Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (39,401 views) Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (39,248 views) Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (38,958 views) NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (38,341 views) Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (37,721 views) Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (36,622 views) Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (34,988 views) John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (34,457 views)

 

 


 

News Athletics (446) Basketball (305) Boxing (737) Columnists (675) Euro Soccer Update (13659) Fans Assembly (6) From the Grassroots (68) Golf (124) Interviews (17) Live Commentary (7) News (8176) NPL Glo Premier League (1316) People and Places (22) Readers Parliament (10) Tennis (940)

 

 

 

Phone numbers

Tel: +234(0)8066020976
+234(0)8055068145
+234(0)7013416146
+234(0)8094272884

Email addresses

info@dailysportsng.com
support@dailysportsng.com
publisher@dailysportsng.com

Office address

No 3, Adetoun Close, Off College Road, Ogba, Ikeja Lagos.
Website: www.dailysportsng.com

Social Media