By Daily Sports on April 16, 2020
Juventus said Wednesday that French midfielder Blaise Matuidi and Italian defender Daniele Rugani had recovered from coronavirus after testing positive for it last month.
Rugani was the first Italian top-flight footballer diagnosed with the virus on March 11. World Cup winner Matuidi also tested positive for COVID-19 a few days later.
“Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi underwent, as per protocol, a double-check with diagnostic tests (swabs) for the Coronavirus-COVID 19. The tests came back with negative results,” the club said in a statement.
“The players have, therefore, recovered and are no longer subjected to the home isolation regime.”
Juventus forward Paulo Dybala documented how he “struggled to breathe” after coming down with the virus on March 21, although the club did not provide an update on the Argentine.
Dybala had said he was doing better late last month after displaying “strong symptoms”. (AFP)
•PHOTO: Rugani and Matuidi
Source Daily Sports
Posted April 16, 2020
You may also like...
NFF Target Olise Urged To Snub Liverpool, Chelsea...
Henry Nwosu, ‘the youngest millionaire’, in need of...
Premier League: Liverpool and Chelsea maintain lead, Man...
Lille Fight Back Against Lyon To Retake Top...
FIFA WWC: Super Falcons Can Improve, Says Dennerby...
Meet The Most Expensive Nigerian Players In 2023...

Edo Queens get home support ahead CAF qualifiers
Nigerian Triathlon Union fixes Sept 30 for election
Prolific Osimhen scores back-to-back braces
Ronaldo hits 977 career goals as Al Nassr thrash Al Riyadh 4-0
Racist abuse spurred Suzuki as Japan goalkeeper set for Premier League
Fury calls Joshua coward, casts doubts on super-fight
My basketball dream ended after visa denial — Ex-BBNaija star Hermes
Olayinka ready for Saudi journey
Why NSC picked Lagos to host intermediate games – DG
EFCC, ICPC summon NFF officials over N12bn FG fund
D’Tigress intensify World Cup prep in Spain
Rangers International going, going . . . (64,041 views)
Amaju Pinnick: A cat with nine lives (55,402 views)
Second Term: Amaju Pinnick, Other NFF Heavyweights Home to Roost •How Pinnick Broke the Jinx (53,288 views)
Current issues in Nigerian sports: Matters arising (52,892 views)
Sports Development: Zenith Bank on the zenith (52,769 views)
Missing $150,000 IAAF Grant: Solomon Dalung’s Hide and Seek game (52,645 views)
Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje’s solid footprints, commitment to sports development in Kano State (52,540 views)
NFF Presidency: Pinnick, Maigari, Ogunjobi, Okoye in Battle for Supremacy (52,055 views)
Olopade, BET9A wave of revolution in NNL (51,259 views)
Commonwealth Games 2018: Shame of Muhammadu Buhari, Solomon Dalung (49,730 views)
Ibrahimovic’s Man U exit: Whose decision is it? And in whose interest? (48,219 views)
John Mikel Obi: Segun Odegbami’s Outrageous Call! (47,602 views)